Talk:SAT

From RationalWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

And despite my English of 790, I still cannot spell. ТyAhoy! 02:29, 10 July 2011 (UTC)

Abolition[edit]

Where is the section that address the opposition to done away with it all together because TV Tropes article as follows...

[Shit copied from TV Tropes]

So all in all, they are singly handedly holding the education system back and thus need to be taken down.--106.69.219.127 (talk) 10:07, 17 October 2015 (UTC)

Stop believing the shit written on TV Tropes is important to any other website.—Ryūlóng (琉竜) 21:38, 17 October 2015 (UTC)
It's not just TV Tropes, its the majority who are complaining that they are designed for suicides. When a class has failed, the teacher is fired, students are held back a year, funds are cut and when students and parents complain, more test are given and physically and mentally disabled students are forced to take them. It's like the government want the students to take their own lives.--106.69.219.127 (talk) 04:11, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
The SAT is a test American colleges tend to use as a metric for a student's academic performance. The piece of garbage you copied and pasted from TV Tropes in no way addresses any actual criticisms of the SAT. What you copied is TV Tropes' description of a fictional test like the SAT on their "Achievement Test of Destiny" page. Please shut up. Stop thinking the hyperbole on TV Tropes means anything to actual events.—Ryūlóng (琉竜) 04:50, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
I wasn't inspired by TV Tropes, but by an article of a cartoon episode set around a standardized test.--106.69.219.127 (talk) 05:38, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
You do realize that cartoons are fictional right? Also INDENT YOUR FUCKING POSTS.—Ryūlóng (琉竜) 05:55, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
The article was a voice over the episode, based on a real world survey. The only reason why I haven't signed in is because like YouTube, my computer wont reconise my password.--106.69.219.127 (talk) 06:13, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
Whatever the fuck it is you're talking about it's probably bullshit anyway. Please stop automatically believing all the shit you watch on YouTube. Have a fucking mind of your own. But do shut the fuck up on RationalWiki.—Ryūlóng (琉竜) 07:04, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
Those who pass the test are the overwhelming minority and therefore the SATs are all take and no give. TV Tropes does not "fictionalize" reality anymore then Wikipedia.--106.69.248.249 (talk) 11:29, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
Holy shit dude shut up. You are complaining about dramatized dread over a fucking test in cartoons and other fictional media rather than actually addressing any actual criticism that the SAT and other tests have actually faced. How fucking stupid are you?—Ryūlóng (琉竜) 11:38, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
Also you live in fucking Australia. Why the hell are you so god damn obsessed with the SAT?—Ryūlóng (琉竜) 11:42, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
The former Prime Minister Tony Abbott introduced Standardize test and SATs and cut funds for education, because he was a lemming.--106.69.248.249 (talk) 14:29, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
Still, you clearly have no real world concept of the SAT or other standardized tests because all of your arguments rely on whatever you read on TV Tropes so please educate yourself before posting again.—Ryūlóng (琉竜) 21:08, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
Pros for the 1% yes but only cons for the other 99%.--106.69.248.249 (talk) 10:28, 26 October 2015 (UTC)
Well that really just means the education to take the test should be more readily available rather than outright abolition of the exam itself but you really just want a forum to complain don't you? Perhaps you should find that on Reddit instead.—Ryūlóng (琉竜) 13:09, 26 October 2015 (UTC)

It's called cutting the knot.--180.216.68.197 (talk) 14:00, 17 November 2015 (UTC)

Read the real life section, it just proves that education is for segregation.--180.216.68.197 (talk) 14:26, 27 November 2015 (UTC)

Stop treating TV Tropes as a reputable site to get your opinions from you stupid kid.—Ryulong (talk) 22:57, 5 December 2015 (UTC)

Mabey SATs are the reason why American education is so minimal and why Americans are expected to be stupid.--180.216.68.197 (talk) 10:50, 6 December 2015 (UTC)

And maybe you're just asking questions... ScepticWombat (talk) 10:52, 6 December 2015 (UTC)

Or maybe there why America has been a Third World country since the 70s?--180.216.68.197 (talk) 11:24, 3 February 2016 (UTC)