There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
User talk:Assume a=a
coi. Looks like fun. Maybe someday I'll know enough to play devil's advocate effectively, my friend. (/mischevious) With this username I have a bit to live up to, xu? Assume a!=a 17:05, 30 December 2007 (EST)
- That's for sure. Going against the mainstream a bit, aren't you? assume a=a 17:10, 30 December 2007 (EST)
- zo'e. Conformity is overrated, while skepticism is underrated. Just doing my part! Assume a!=a 17:48, 30 December 2007 (EST)
- There's a difference between conformity and logic. If a!=a is true, then true!=true, which means that true=false, thus a!=a is false by virtue of being true. Therefore, we should assume a=a. 17:52, 30 December 2007 (EST)
- I fail to understand how being false by virtue of being true is any prolem whatsoever. Assume a!=a 16:56, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- It means that by definition, it's a false assumption; that is, unless you're using a different definition of assume, a, or !=. assume 17:00, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- ... So? Assume a!=a 20:31, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- So why assume something you know has to be false? assume 20:38, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- To find out what happens. ;) Assume a!=a 20:42, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- Two words: Lioshi Blobbo happens. assume 20:43, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- Not necessarily. Assume a!=a 20:53, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- I'll be sure to start a newsletter then. How much are you willing to pay? (/hypocritical anarchist) Assume a!=a 20:53, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- Noes! But what about teh logic?! assume 20:45, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- Never even heard of that. No, my username is just a geeky joke about how the reflexive property (for all , ) is an axiom and therefore isn't proven and must be assumed true. From the page you linked me to, this person doesn't sound like much of a communist anarchist, either. assume 14:32, 3 January 2008 (EST)
- No, not at all. Researcher 14:38, 3 January 2008 (EST)
- see http://www.communism.org/#communism -- Elassint Hi! ^_^ 22:48, 27 May 2008 (EDT)
- Finally back after long break... The term "communist", unfortunately, has become associated in many people's minds with state communism and Stalinism. However, I mean it in the original Marxist sense; Marx was actually quite libertarian in his ideas. One modern economic model that I find I very much agree with is participatory economics, which is a socialist economic theory that shows many traits of anarchist ideas. assume 10:14, 17 June 2008 (EDT)
- Communism will be installed by the undeterrable will of the people and the inexorable forces of history, comradess! --AKjeldsenPotential fundamentalist! 11:16, 17 June 2008 (EDT)
- I'm glad you agree, but I think it's hardly inevitable. Capitalism seems to be quite strong despite the widespread social injustice and damage it promotes. assume 18:11, 17 June 2008 (EDT)