|Some dare call it|
Jerome Corsi (b. 1946) is a regular WorldNutDaily columnist and
non-fiction author. Despite getting a Ph.D. in political science from Harvard, his modus operandi is to cash in on the fringe wingnut conspiracy theory du jour by giving it a veneer of legitimacy. Some of his more infamous works include:
- Unfit for Command with John O'Neill - Swiftboating John Kerry.
- Black Gold Stranglehold with Craig R. Smith - Abiotic oil
- The Late Great USA - North American Union, NAFTA Superhighway, and Amero conspiracy theories.
- Where's the Birth Certificate? - Birtherism, obviously.
Corsi is also the author of the novel The Shroud Codex, about the Shroud of Turin. It's full of blatant errors that make it look like it was never proof-read after he finished writing it. He also declared that Barack Obama was married to his male Pakistani roommate (!) before he married his wife, which must set some record for combined unsubstantiated Wingnuttery and Homophobia in a single conspiracy theory.And just like most conspiracy memes like this, the gauntlet got picked up by at least one fellow nutter (Scott Lively, no less) who was also dumb enough to think that it was a perfectly valid argument.
He's also convinced that proof of Obama's Kenyan citizenship can be proven by the fact that there was a photo of him on a Kenyan calendar from 2005 when Obama was still a Senator from Illinois. With standards of evidence like that, there's every indication that he's in a competition with Joe Arpaio for the 2012 Booby Prize in late-period Birther silliness.
 See also
- ↑ Review by Eric Boehlert
- ↑ Review by Alex Koppelman
- ↑ Review by Media Matters
- ↑ The Shroud Codex on Simon & Schuster
- ↑ Corsi: Obama Was in Gay Marriage to Pakistani Roommate, Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- ↑ Scott Lively Pushes Claim that Obama Was Once Married to a Man, Right Wing Watch
- ↑ Corsi Finds His ‘Smoking Gun’, Dispatches from the Culture Wars