|Someone is wrong on|
Martin claims that the atmospheric research project HAARP "or HAARP-like projects" are responsible for "abnormal" weather patterns and natural disasters such as Hurricane Sandy. Martin's websites feature weather radar images purporting to track and forecast HAARP activity and the spread of chemtrails. However, even the denizens of the conspiracy forum Above Top Secret have become skeptical of Martin's various bombastic claims and activities.
After Martin began issuing dubious "official" earthquake warnings, "official" hurricane watches, and "official" tornado warnings, the National Weather Service Headquarters issued a press release advising the public not to confuse official NWS or NOAA warnings with Martin's made-up stuff.
Lacking a degree in meteorology, Martin considers himself a "weather savant". He has stated he suffers from "autism and obsessive compulsive disorder" and that Asperger's syndrome makes him "gifted" in meteorology and gives him an "ability to understand it without studying it."
 Ontario Weather Service
Sometime prior to 2006, Martin and his brother Brian launched (what purported to be) a weather forecasting website called the Ontario Weather Service. Martin listed himself as the OWS founder and, despite not having any formal qualification, its "Chief Meteorologist". By 2007, Martin announced the OWS would "go into battle" against the National Weather Service. Martin claimed, "We will not listen to anyone that tell us not to, even if the government gets in the way. This will be the biggest story of the Meteorological History. We are AGAINST them and we are putting our foot down for the last time."
The Ontario Weather Service featured a heavy focus on "chemtrails", and Martin promised tie-in merchandising:
“”We are opening a store that will sell Chemtrail shirts/cups etc. This website will be on all of them. The items will be unique because OWSweather.com is the only source in the world that can tell you when chemtrails will be put out. Spread the word. I am willing to put my reputation on the line to spread the word of chemtrails. The reports are gathered through second party air force information, and also the knowledge I've gathered being a meteorologist in patterns they spray in and around. I, Kevin Martin, am probably the ONLY meteorologist that believes the trails exist.
|—Kevin Martin, Ontario Weather Service, September 8, 2008|
 Southern California Weather Authority
In the mid 2000s, Martin had launched a second weather website called the Southern California Weather Authority, also known as SCWXA. In 2009, Martin defended his SCWXA "Lead Forecaster", a teenager named Ricky Lukacs, who was charged with starting large wildfires in the Yucaipa area. Martin told authorities Lukacs was only at the scene of the fires to take photos. However when Lukacs was tried in juvenile court on arson charges, the boy admitted to setting the original two large wildfires, plus eight other fires.
By 2010, Martin had launched a third weather website, TheWeatherSpace.com, and was claiming to be its "senior meteorologist". As with OWS and SCXWA before it, TheWeatherSpace.com was continually generating dubious drama and disparaging the National Weather Service. Martin's concept of weather reporting apparently included UFO stories. In 2010, Martin admitted to hoaxing video and still images of a "UFO spiral" allegedly seen one night in Canada that were posted on TheWeatherSpace.com. Naming a "Kevin Adams" as owner of TheWeatherSpace.com, Martin blamed the hoax on some CGI "graphic test" files that were accidentally posted by a reporter named "Betty Morgan". Martin then issued a conflicting story, saying he had deliberately engineered the hoax to find out "who is more gullible, Americans or Europeans". Then Martin retracted that statement, alleging that he did see a UFO and was warned to keep quiet about it. Undoubtedly there are some in the ufology community who feel that Martin must be telling the truth, because as everyone knows, a confusing series of lies followed by vague suggestions of intimidation are hallmarks of the trustworthy.
In 2014, a Daily Kos weather blogger refuted Martin's warnings of a blockbuster winter storm, calling TheWeatherSpace.com an "infamous conspiracy theory website" and Martin "a fake "meteorologist" who thrives on creating hoax weather forecasts in order to drive page hits to his website for ad revenue".
 HAARP status
Martin once appeared on the Oklahoma City-based Southwest Radio Ministries radio program as "a Christian who is passionate about weather", saying that HAARP was able to "target Oklahoma" and create devastating tornadoes there. He frequently warns of HAARP's alleged dangers and claims he can predict the facility's transmissions.
Martin's website offers a "HAARP status" alert service to subscribers, apparently triggered when unspecified "sensor readings" indicate HAARP is supposedly beaming harmful, weather-altering energy into the skies above their geographic location. HAARP status analysis appears to consist of relabeling existing weather map graphics to show supposed "current frequency readings" and the "building" or "weakening" frequency of HAARP transmissions. The service's laughably psuedoscientific explanation claims that:
“”Frequency Maps are taken from receiver stations that demonstrate the clicks, buzzes, tones, etc that make-up the signal used.
The website also claims to have its own magnetometer, noting "Other magnetometers see a variety of frequencies, but our magnetometer has been set to only pinpoint that of which HAARP runs"
 He likes HAARP so much (he said) he bought the company
On July 18, 2013, following news reports of HAARP's shutdown and possible closure due to lack of funding, Martin's website claimed TheWeatherSpace.com had "signed a one year contract" with HAARP, placing Martin in control of the facility. However within a day, news outlets clarified the details of the initial shutdown story: HAARP's shutdown was only temporary while administrative contracts were being reassigned. Martin quickly published a retraction, claiming one of his staff, "a writer", had fabricated the story.
 Chemtrail forecast
Another feature of TheWeatherSpace.com is its thoughtful "chemtrail forecast" featuring more questionable maps, this time relabeled and doctored with colored blobs to show locations of "low", "moderate" and "high" concentrations of chemtrails.
Martin's "Chemtrail Forecast System" Facebook page flat out refuses to answer questions regarding how alleged chemtrails are supposedly detected and imaged: "DO NOT ASK HOW: We keep out algorithms to the project. We provide the image and reserve the right to not publicly disclose our "core" of the project. Thanks." 
Martin alleges that meteorologists know chemtrails exist but will not disclose details. He claims he's been denied work as a meteorologist because he mentioned chemtrails during job interviews (this could actually be true). Martin's view of what chemtrails are is rather changeable. In January of 2008 he was sure harmful chemicals were being dispensed from containers placed in line with aircraft engines to fool observers into thinking they are ordinary jet contrails, and he knew this because he had a secret contact who gave him info about such things. A couple of months later, he was saying that there were no chemical dispensers, airline engine exhaust itself was poisoning people.
“”The fact is, airline exhaust IS THE CHEMTRAIL. Chemicals are in these gases that harm human, plant, and animal life. These chemicals can fall in time and create surface dis-coloring. I'm always there to give you the truth. You ARE being poisoned, and them chemtrails are real. However, the way you think is not accurate. Planes are the cause. All planes. It's the invisible killer.
|—The invisible killer by Kevin D. Martin, OWSweather.com|
 Global warming denial
Martin expounded on his theories that global warming didn't exist in 2009, saying, "Global warming is just another scam for the government to think they can control you". When tropical storm Humberto gained enough strength to be declared the first hurricane of the 2013 season by the National Hurricane Center of the NWS, Martin's website announced it would not recognize Humberto as a hurricane because the NOAA obviously pushed Humberto to hurricane status "to fulfill their Global warming agenda".
 Threats and conflicts
 Threats to storm chasers and meteorologists
Martin is also quite infamous in legitimate storm chaser circles. In 2011, some storm chasers were dismayed to find their storm photos being used as graphic design elements on Martin's TheWeatherSpace.com. When the storm chasers confronted him on Facebook, Martin launched a tirade of abuse and threats. One storm chaser recorded dozens of similar threats and abuse by Martin over a three year period.
In 2014, after a spat with retired Oklahoma TV meteorologist Aaron Tuttle, Martin published an article on TheWeatherSpace.com claiming Tuttle was a child molester.
 Threats to NOAA and NWS
After the National Weather Service released a statement in 2011 disclaiming any association with Martin, his websites, or "official alerts", Martin eventually filed a frivolous lawsuit against the National Weather Service near the middle of September 2013.
 Threats to RationalWiki
In August 2013, a month before filing a ridiculous lawsuit against NOAA and NWS, Kevin (and eventually his brother) tried to remove large chunks of this article and post legal threats on the Talk page. When that failed, Martin sent the following message to RationalWiki's operations manager, Trent Toulouse:
|If this is not taken care of we will put an article out with libelous stuff on it about your company, including hosting child pornography. We are connected to Google News at TheWeatherSpace.com and we will most certainly make your site a living nightmare for not listening to us.
You are to REMOVE what we tell you, and I am the CEO of the company and I have that power to publish a libelous article about your site. We will accuse all staff members of child pornography and it will go on the top search engine searches for your site. We will further encourage all to not associate and/or donate to your site.
Do you really want to start a war with me, son?
Kevin Martin TheWeatherSpace.com CEO
Followed shortly after by:
|So you Fucked up... I told you to remove the page "Kevin Martin" ... If it is not removed this will not be removed.
In 10 minutes it will be on Google Searches and Google News...
(With a link to the web page reproduced here)
Do the right thing or I'll destroy you ... Is it worth it? No ... It shouldn't be if I am going to destroy you.
 Threats to Facebook
By October 2013, Martin began criticizing The Weather Channel and harassing a number of amateur weather enthusiasts on Facebook. A series of "pop up" Facebook pages (rapidly put up and taken down to avoid tracking) as well as a web site entitled "Weather Police" notified readers of a pseudo "legal code" regarding circumstances that would get one "arrested and convicted", such as "calling yourself a meteorologist when you have less than 10 years professional experience" and failing to explain "your reasoning or thoughts…in scientific detail".
By next month, Martin reported that his Facebook accounts were suspended and was planning to visit Facebook to "get answers", saying, "I spent too much money and too many years investing into the project and put my own life on hold in the process … for them to dictate my life is not only dangerous for them, but dangerous for me …". Finally, he threatened Facebook with a lawsuit. "Facebook will be handed a lawsuit if the last of the talks do not work. We are sending everything we can over as we speak, including hate pages about me, hate sites, and libel…DONATE TO THE LAWSUIT …"
Further examples of Kevin Martin talking tough can be found in these YouTube videos:
- Martin threatens to show up at Google and pound on a desk
- Martin threatens someone else with a lawsuit
- Martin threatens people going to VidCon
- HAARP Status Frequency Detection Project Facebook page
- Chemtrail Forecast System Facebook page
- Phone prankster interviews Martin
- ↑ Meteorologist Convinced HAARP-like Projects Are Responsible For Abnormal Weather Pattern Shift Over USA, TheWeatherSpace.com, July 15, 2013 (archived)
- ↑ Hurricane Sandy created with HAARP
- ↑ HAARP Shutdown & "Meteorologist" Kevin Martin, Above Top Secret
- ↑ National Weather Service on Threats and Fraud from Kevin Martin
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Public Information Statement, National Weather Service Headquarters, Fri Jun 3, 2011
- ↑ Quack Meteorology, Nowhurricane.com
- ↑ Patch Weather Blogger Seeks Funds to Sue Facebook for Canceling his Account Guy McCarthy, November 15, 2013 (archived)
- ↑ Godlike Productions message forum "I have Aspergers syndrome you shits so I am "gifted" in only one subject...This is why I will always be better at weather than you...I have that disability, and I am known as the Weather Savant......You people only can study the subject, where I have that ability to understand it without studying it...."
- ↑ Named after the city of Ontario, near San Bernardino, CA. No connection with the Canadian province of Ontario.
- ↑ Ontario Weather Service, 2006 (archived)
- ↑ OWS Vs. the National Weather Service
- ↑ Chemtrails Making A Path For Hurricane Ike? Martin's report cached at wariscrime.com
- ↑ Acquaintance vouches for arson suspectIMRAN GHORI, The Press-Enterprise, October 02, 2009
- ↑ Southern California Weather Authority Staff Line-Up, December 2009 (archived)
- ↑ Inland Wildfires PAUL LAROCCO, The Press-Enterprise, May 21, 2010
- ↑ Donate to my website!
- ↑ Kevin Martin, Canada Spiral UFO HOAX, Featured Guest
- ↑ Canadian UFO Spiral Hoaxer Comes Forward - Reporter Fired, ufocasebook.com
- ↑ Canadian UFO Spiral - Martin Retracts Hoax Statement
- ↑ Rumors of a historic winter storm next week are a HOAX. Spread the word. Daily Kos, Feb 25, 2014
- ↑ PREDICTING TORNADOES Guest: Kevin Martin Meteorologist - Southwest Radio Ministries
- ↑ HAARP Status TheWeatherSpace.com
- ↑ Haarp Status Frequency Detection Project Facebook page
- ↑ http://www.theweatherspace.com/haarp-status-induction-magnetometer/?fatson=1
- ↑ http://earthsky.org/earth/crazy-weather-you-cant-blame-haarp-anymore
- ↑ TheWeatherSpace.com Signs With HAARP Facility Under A One Year Contract archive.today page cache of TheWeatherSpace.com
- ↑ The Alaska Dispatch Alaska Dispatch News
- ↑ TheWeatherSpace.com Correction On HAARP Facility Being Bought TheWeatherSpace.com, July 19, 2013
- ↑ Chemtrail Forecast TheWeatherSpace.com
- ↑ Chemtrail Forecast Systems Facebook
- ↑ Chemtrails according to Kevin Martin, by Kevin Martin, September 19, 2008 wariscrime.com "I’ve lost jobs and even been asked to leave an interview for meteorology positions due to me bringing chemtrails up. Meteorologists know these exist. We know they are increasing. But most meteorologists will not disclose any part of the program. "
- ↑  The invisible killer by Kevin D. Martin, posted at Godlike Productions
- ↑ Meteorologist Kevin Martin Says Al Gore Is A Scammer, Global Warming Does Not Exist myFOXla.com, 15 Jul 2009
- ↑ Post-Tropical Cyclone HUMBERTO Public Advisory National Weather Service
- ↑ NOAA Pushes Humberto To Hurricane Status Without Proof To Fulfill Global Warming Agenda TheWeatherSpace.com, September 11, 2013
- ↑ kevinmartinscwxa.blogspot.com, June 3,2011 Internet Archive of an Illinois Stormchaser who crossed Martin's path in 2011
- ↑ SoCalWeather.ORG Thievery Copyright Infringement - Brian and Kevin Martin Exposed as COWARDS Internet Archive of owsweatherjerks.blogspot.com
- ↑ Some nutty Facebook weatherman troll does not like Aaron Tuttle… TheLostOgle.com
- ↑ Copy of Lawsuit filed by Martin against NWSStorm Chaser Movies
- ↑ Chasers Mock Fake Meteorologist Kevin Martin Over NWS Lawsuit
- ↑ , , , 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Archive.is archive of "Weather Police" Facebook page
- ↑ Weather Police Archive.is cache of WeatherPolice.com
- ↑ Weather enthusiasts' puzzled Youtube reactions to "Weather Police" here and here
- ↑ TheWeatherSpace Network Facebook Accounts Disabled – Emergency Plan In Progress "My main personal account and all the admin’s accounts have been disabled by Facebook."
- ↑ Preparing To Sue Facebook In Wrongful Termination Of Business Account