| We're so glad you came|
|Reach around the subject|
Damian Jacob Markiewicz Sendler is an American fraudster, and fake medical doctor. He claimed to be a licenced medical doctor, and graduate of Harvard Medical School with a MD and PhD. Using these credentials he got the mainstream media to publish his outlandish work on sexuality. In March 2019 it was revealed that his credentials were an elaborate falsehood. A followup investigative article revealed the extent of his efforts, including the creation of an entire research institution -- Felnett Health Research Foundation -- that he claimed had over a dozen staffers, but actually consisted of only himself and another individual. The same article found that while he is a graduate student and perhaps a medical student, he has not yet completed any advanced graduate degree program.
He used his media publicity to build an online psychotherapy and sex therapy business. After the allegations were revealed, he replaced his website homepage with a notice claiming, among other things, that practicing without a medical license is only wrong in the US.
- Psychology Today; David J. Ley Ph.D., Friday March 1st 2019: Fake Sexperts. (archive snapshot)
- The Cut; Claire Lampen, Friday March 1st 2019: Get a Load of This Fake Sex Doctor’s Unhinged Grift (archive snapshot)
- Gizmodo; Jennings Brown, Friday March 1st 2019: The Fake Sex Doctor Who Conned the Media Into Publicizing His Bizarre Research on Suicide, Butt-Fisting, and Bestiality. (archive snapshot)
- Psych Central; John M. Grohol, Psy.D., Friday March 1st 2019: The Fantastical World of Damian Jacob Markiewicz Sendler (archive snapshot)
- Self-published; Damian Sendler, Friday March 1st 2019: RE: Reporter Jennings Brown and his misreporting about me. (archive snapshot)