Thom Tillis is a Republican from North Carolina who somehow got elected senator and re-elected in 2020. He is known for his deceitful flip-flopping, including over one of Donald Trump's emergency declarations. Given that North Carolina has been trending red-purple lately, this is probably an attempt to maintain a delicate balancing act-his re-election was extremely close. The main reason Tillis won was because seniors (who tend to be more religious than the younger generations) who intended to vote for Cunningham got turned off by the sex scandals and ended up supporting Tillis.
Thom Tillis was born in Jacksonville, FL, to a boat draftsmen.  He lived with 5 siblings, and by the time he was 17, his family moved 20 times. He never attended a school for more then a year. He got a job when he graduated from school. 
- ↑ Thom Tillis Flip-Flops On Expanding Medicaid After Lagging In The Polls
- ↑ Thom Tillis’s remarkable flip-flop on Trump’s national emergency and 4 others who also backed off
- ↑ The polls said that Biden was more likely than not to win NC in 2020, and Trump won very narrowly(by 1.3%). It also voted for Barack Obama in 2008.
- ↑ Thom Tillis Is the Strategist, Charlotte Magazine
- ↑ The Rise of Thom Tillis