There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Essay:Why RationalWiki is so great
Inspired by Wikipedia:Why Wikipedia is so great
- RationalWiki has few rules. Good arguments are valued more than rules or authority.
- All regular editors are sysops, and can easily do common administrative tasks (like moving pages) or take action against vandals (without waiting for a moderator to take action).
- There is a democratic, meritocratic, egalitarian system. Anyone who has a work ethic and provides high-quality editing can work his/her way up.
Content and style
- RationalWiki is not neutral, and not subject to a balance fallacy.
- The writing style aims to be humorous and a fairly "light read".
- Topics are selected on mission relevance rather than notability; so obscure topics that don't have Wikipedia-quality sources can be covered well. (Sometimes resulting in a Wikipedia article, if an intermediate Reliable Source cribs the RationalWiki article!)
- Contains large quantities of goat.