There has been some discussion recently as to what we are voting on when we vote on WIGO entries. There are at least three criteria that come to my mind
- We're voting on the quality of the WIGO entry itself. Is it witty(snarky)?
- We're voting on the quality of the linked item. Is it something noteworthy or is it just meh?
- We're voting on the importance of the linked item. Do we mark up, for example, a poorly written WIGO linking to a poorly written blog entry which refers to something which is important to RW members.
- I seem to recall asking this before. Personally, I vote on how interesting the linked item is to me. –SuspectedReplicant retire me 15:04, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
- It seems as though you want a ruling on how people should vote on wigos, but given that's entirely unenforcable (besides an ugly, overly complex template message on every wigo page), I suspect you just want a poll of anyone who sees this thread. So let's use voteys!!!! ONE / TALK 16:24, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
|I would upvote a wigo only if the wigo is funny or well-written.||0||Vote|
|I would upvote a rubbish wigo if it linked to something funny or well-written.||1||Vote|
|I would upvote a rubbish wigo linking to a rubbish blogpost if it was about something important or something really good that has happened.||3||Vote|