Forum:Wingnut wiki merge?
To remove Conservapedia's massive visibility on this site, while preventing loss of content that people clearly want to see (as per Larron's data), I suggest a merge of WIGO:CP with WIGO:ASK and possibly WIGO:4R. I see the benefits of this as follows:
- The site remains on mission; eviscerating wingnuts everywhere.
- HOWEVER, the site does not lose clearly popular content and discussion.
- Newcomers to the site do not find the ConPed element so obvious andin-thine-face as it currently is.
- It provides potential growth to the site; as ConPed dies/strangles itself, there is a wealth of sites that can be added to WIGO:wingnut blogs/wikis. CMI might be a good place to start.
On the other hand I do see potential downsides, mainly that the decentralization of ConPed will change the 'feel' of the site, which may well be offputtingvto core users. In conclusion, I have chucked this onto forum space to be discussed, amended, commented on etc. until something approaching consensus shambles out.
- I agree, but it probably won't happen. ThunderkatzHo! 21:28, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- This is something that needs to be done at some point in order to reduce RW's reliance on CP. RW has something of a reputation of being a reaction to CP - far better if the reputation was that RW is a reaction to irrationality. How this should be done is another question. Maybe just put all the WIGO entries for CP, ASK etc into the same list, maybe with an icon to indicate the source?
- It's a shame that the other WIGOs are not as active as CP. It is probably because there isn't as much interest in them, but it is certainly the case that you have to jump through a few hoops just to find them. The entertainment value for me is the behind the scenes shenanigans - it's like a soap opera or an internet version of Big Brother. This is what sets it apart from the Clogs and Blogs, which (although interesting) are just another aggregator.
- Whatever the case, it should not be a matter of abandoning WIGO:CP, but expanding it.Gomer (talk) 09:11, 9 April 2011 (UTC)