There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
They were created by the evil mastermind Davros, who developed mutant Kaleds to operate his fiendish peppershaker machines.
DALEKS ARE THE RULERS OF THE UNIVERSE! ALL HAIL THE DALEKS!The Daleks are world renowned for their attempts at universal domination. For some reason, despite the fact that they cannot go up stairs, they usually do quite well, until the previously pacifist Doctor goes berserk and kills half of them by blowing up a sun.
The Daleks have gone through a ridiculous amount of power inflation over the years. In their first appearance they were dependent on static electricity, thirty five years later they came close to destroying everything in the universe.
But do remember that Daleks want unlimited rice pudding so always keep some rice pudding with you. Give it to the Dalek if EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!
Flaws with their plan
- They cannot go up stairs. Oh, yes they can! However, real Daleks do not climb stairs, they level the building. This strategy uh, falls flat if they are in the basement. We couldn't resist.
- No one ever takes someone seriously when they talk in staccato voice
- Their vision can be impaired by dropping a hat over their eyestalk
- They can’t manipulate objects - all they have is a toilet plunger for a hand
- They do not have the ability to make things - they only have one toilet plunger, meaning that they cannot work with an object while holding it down
- They can’t sneak up on anyone - they have flashing lights on the top of their heads and insist on screaming "EX-TER-MIN-ATE" at all opportunities
- The producer of the show can send them out to grass.
Dalek Survival Guide
The earliest model of Dalek had eight legs. If you are attacked, go for the joints. They're the weakest point, so attempting to trip them would probably work well.
Most early models
Stairs. They can't go up stairs. The BBC made a really scary monster that can't go up stairs. When they realized they'd screwed up, they gave them levitation abilities. But the fact still remains - really scary and unstoppable, unless there's a flight of stairs.
Really, REALLY early models
In the first episode with the Daleks, they were powered by static electricity. Removing them from the power source (the floor) shut them down.
Worst. Villains. Ever.
YOU ARE AN ENEMY OF THE DALEKS, YOU MUST BE DESTROYED!!!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMIN- Bollocks, they ran up the stairs. Never-mind, let me just levitate... there. EXTERMA- Oh, now they shut the door, bloody hell. I can't quiet open it with my plunger... wait. EXTERMINATE!!! There! I exterminated the door, now to extermin- I CAN'T SEE, I CAN'T SEE, THEY PUT A BLANKET OR HAT OR SOMETHING ON MY EYE-STALK, HELP, HELP, THEY'RE PUSHING ME DOWN THE ST-
Okay, now that was sorted out:
Worst. Villains. Ever.
Best Defence Against Daleks
- See the Wikipedia article on Dalek.
- "I'm Gonna Spend My Christmas With a Dalek": A 1964 novelty song that defies description. (Okay, we're being kind. The truth is that this song makes "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" sound like Mozart.) And, no, these Go-Go's are not the Belinda Carlisle Go-Go's.
- Their presence on Twitter suggests that Dalek culture may be far less homogenous than previously thought.
- Yeah, and then they levitate up the stairs. Then what? Then they're still frickin' scary.