There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
I'm going to take a stab here and suggest that this might be better off as a section in an existing article somewhere. P-Foster Talk "The existing superstructure has handed out crumbs. We don’t want crumbs; we want the whole loaf now.” --Ras Frank I 02:19, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- Valid point. I'm looking for said article now... --Wackyvorlon (talk) 02:24, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- Wait. "Arse-no-coitus"? Seriously? P-Foster Talk "The existing superstructure has handed out crumbs. We don’t want crumbs; we want the whole loaf now.” --Ras Frank I 02:27, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- We don't have a "Homosexuality and Christianity" article, but I think that this one comes close--"Shut up, Brx." 02:36, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- My own two cents, leave it as it's own article. it's a very very very juicy article, since this is the one word that everyone is so up in arms about, and we have no idea what it means.--Godot On a perdu le contrôle 02:38, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- I'll see about fitting it in there. --Wackyvorlon (talk) 02:40, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- Don't move it yet. I think it should be it's own article. there is a very valid reason to make this a quality article. --Godot On a perdu le contrôle 02:42, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
Let the Greek explain
According to wiktionary.org, αρσενοκοίτης = ο άντρας που κοιμάται με αρσενικούς, άνδρας που συνουσιάζεται με άνδρες, ομοφυλόφιλος. Translation: "the man who sleeps with a male, copulates with men, gay". -- Brasov 19:44, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- ... after 2000 years of attempted interpretation, yeah, I'm convinced that's not a circular reference - David Gerard (talk) 19:51, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- It's Brasov. Do not attempt to engage.--ZooGuard (talk) 19:55, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- And I'm convinced that the attempts at interpreting manbedder away from homosexuality are strictly academic in nature.— Unsigned, by: 18.104.22.168 / talk / contribs
- That argument would be stronger if the only meaning it could have was "manbedder". Κοίτη can refer to a parcel of land, a nest, a cave, a basket... Αρσην can refer to masculinity, coarseness, toughness. The problem is that without more information giving preference to any one of these meanings over any of the others is just a wild guess. --Wackyvorlon (talk) 00:37, 2 February 2013 (UTC)