There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
The article states " the statement could be interpreted to mean the zygote is a human person; this is false".
This is an ideological assertion, but it is presented as a bald fact. The argument that follows, that a person can no more be a single cell than a paper shredder, is nothing but a blatant assertion mixed with a nonsensical non sequitur.— Unsigned, by: 184.108.40.206 / talk / contribs
Some dude's friend's teenage daughter?
Some dude's friend's teenage daughter made up a word and we have an article about it here, in the "Logic" section?
Are you guys kidding me? This should be in a "Fun:" page.
Age is just a number?
Every time I hear this said, it's because the woman is in her thirties while the man is in his twenties. While it can't justify statutory rape, it is a perfectly acceptable response to people claiming that "she's too old for you". It's usually a response to a social stigma harms couples where the woman happens to be older than the man.
- Dear Unknown user, Don't worry about it. It doesn't matters. The truth simply doesn't matters. What do you think of "RationalWiki"? You think it's a place where the editors and moderators are dedicated to rationality? No! It's a wiki which has always consisted of the worst editors and moderators - those who simply do not have understand "wiki" at all. It consists of moderators who will banned by wikipedia in minutes, due to their inability to grasp any and all concepts of "wiki", most of the moderators here have been. Rukmaniahuja (talk) 16:14, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
- No, it certainly "doesn't matters". --Yisfidri (talk) 21:52, 16 April 2017 (UTC)
Love Trumps Hate (third meaning)
I'd always assumed the second meaning, instead of the apostrophe-adding "Love Trump's Hate", was "Love [that the set of people named 'Trump'] Hate". Such as "This is the love Trumps hate" or, in singular, "Love Trump Hates". Not sure if this is a valid interpretation, and/or should be added Onychoprion (talk) 18:25, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- Or Love "Trump hates" - if he dislikes it go for it (as with the Paris climate change agreement).
- Deepity has some value as a trite comment and 'work out the logic in this' - and 'creative misinterpretation/reinterpretation' can be interesting/amusing. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:10, 3 June 2017 (UTC)
Is the following another example of a deepity?
- Yup. FU22YC47P07470 (talk/stalk) 14:40, 24 August 2017 (UTC)
Deepity the third
- The first meaning is 'stating the (####) obvious'
- The second meaning 'still waters run deep - but a puddle is also still' (till the infant jumps in it/the passing vehicle splashes it all over you).
- The third aspect - 'why is this phrase an example of deepity - and what is the reworking that actually contains some meaning?' Anna Livia (talk) 16:54, 6 September 2017 (UTC)