- 1 Postmodern Christianity.
- 2 C.J Ahmed
- 3 Proposed new addition: Article count
- 4 Proposed Article: Rosa Luxemburg
- 5 Empiricism
- 6 translation rationalwiki
- 7 Main Page question
- 8 Proposal: Sisel International
- 9 A certain Floridian pest strikes again
- 10 Republishing Wiki Articles
- 11 What is RationalWiki?
- 12 Article previews reading different from the actual article??
- 13 True Indology?
You think of this?: http://www.salvomag.com/unpragmatic-thought.s/?page_id=2 Indeed, the link between contemporary religious conservatism and postmodernism is perverse. — Unsigned, by: 220.127.116.11 / talk / contribs
C.J Ahmed or known simply as C.J is an eccentric preacher from Srilanka and terms himself as the most lenient muslim preacher in the world in his website. He is famous for giving his fatwa that masturbation and watching animated porn is not haram in Islam which has caused much controversy. https://cjislam.weebly.com/why-masturbation-is-not-haram.html — Unsigned, by: Sharif / talk / contribs
Proposed new addition: Article count
I've got a suggestion for a new addition to the MP: a header-box thing that shows the current number of articles here on RW, so that people will be able to easily see the progression of our wiki project. This is my proposed article-counter:
|We currently have 7,359 articles!|
- @Anna Livia I think in about 2-3 months, and it will probably be something about either the latest crackpot conspiracy theory or the newest in stupid apologetics talking points. It's still hard to tell at this point. --Goatspeed. Fossil evidence of my evolutionCircularRasoningSee my latest prototypes 00:09, 7 March 2019 (UTC)
- The addition of articles is pretty slow, so I am not sure of the utility of a counter, but perhaps a celebration of reaching the 7000 article mark would be nice. Also remarkably we have some 119,168 pages, but only ~6800 articles. :/ — Dysk (contribs) 12:15, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
Proposed Article: Rosa Luxemburg
- @Simoneh To get started on a draft yourself go here and create it. You may propose it for main space here Copy the previous proposal formatting. Féinléiriú (talk) 17:03, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- Also this Zero (talk - contributions) 17:04, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- Also See here to prepare an argument for why it should be main space. Though I'd say there'd be no objection. Féinléiriú (talk) 17:08, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- Also this Zero (talk - contributions) 17:04, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
Is this group appropriately named? Is the rational method of truth verification accepted, or should the site name be changed to "EmpiricalWiki" on the grounds of refutation of anything not empirically verifiable? I believe the name as such, in contrast to its very anti-rationalist tone, is quite inappropriate. — Unsigned, by: Theokid12 / talk / contribs
- @Theokid12 On talk pages, please sign your comments using four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the sign button: on the toolbar above the edit panel. You can also indent successive talk page comments using one more colon (:) for each line. Thank you. Cosmikdebris (talk) 19:38, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- You'll find that, while we find empiricism generally, and in particular the empirical methodology known as science, to be powerful tools for separating the illusory from the real, we collectively embrace a broad range of philosophical perspectives for constructing more complex worldviews. The British Empiricist vs Continental Rationalist debate is definitely still modestly active in some discussions here. Regardless, I don't think the Rationalists, at large, would find much in common with your "we can never know" prescriptions you've made elsewhere. Hume might've, though. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 19:45, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
Hi everybody, I'm Zakarie from Iran and I've joined this site right now. This is very useful and I love it. So I tried to find how to translate this site articles and then I realized that its impossible. Don't you think that that translation of this site might be more useful? I suggest this. — Unsigned, by: Zakarie / talk / contribs
- Google Translate is an option. We do have articles in various languages other than English translated or written by people here, you could do that if you wanted. — Dysk (contribs) 20:16, 23 April 2019 (UTC)
- Welcome! If you want to translate articles, all you have to do is add the name of the language in the article title (e.g. Oscar Wilde (Esperanto)) and (if applicable) add a link to your translation in the English version of the article.--Кřěĵ (ṫåɬк) 20:17, 23 April 2019 (UTC)
- Sure, but if you can't read the english articles, I've got to advise against you doing the translations. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 21:05, 23 April 2019 (UTC)
Main Page question
- So where is the party? Anna Livia (talk) 16:24, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
Proposal: Sisel International
These hucksters have been pushing all manner of quackery for years, including anti-vaxx propaganda, and they sell things that they tout as "alternatives" to chemotherapy. This kind of disinformation puts impressionable consumers at risk. Can we create an article about Sisel, as well as its founder, Tom Mower?
Fun fact, Mower did a stint in federal prison following a conviction for tax evasion.
A certain Floridian pest strikes again
One example: The "C*nt" once said this for its caption: "The word is seldom encountered in clinical settings, but there are apparently exceptions."; I removed the word apparently because it shows shock, which is letting the writer's emotions seep into the writing. Also, in that same article, it says: "The vagina is a wonderful place where we all came from,[note 1] and where many of us try to return to as often as possible." The writer called the vagina "wonderful", which is judging the vagina, which is bias. This is just one article; so many articles are at least partially biased. RationalWiki wasn't supposed to be biased; it was supposed to be rational, so eliminate ALL forms of bias on this wiki. — Unsigned, by: 2601:183:cb80:a800:3c7c:5331:fe79:5c63 / talk / contribs
Republishing Wiki Articles
What is RationalWiki?
Click the link what is RationalWiki: https://rationalwiki.org/w/index.php?search=RationalWiki&title=Special%3ASearch — Unsigned, by: JordanTFlinnRI / talk / contribs
Article previews reading different from the actual article??
Hey idk where the right place to ask this is or whatever but. I’ve noticed a lot of articles, the preview on the main page is veeery different to the actual text in the article. I can’t remember specific examples, but there was one where the preview said shit like a guy was “a batshit crazy quack” or whatever, even tho the impression I got from the article and edit history was that such language should be avoided/was possibly defamatory/whatever the fuck. Idk, I don’t know how you’ll run your website or whatever and I’m not complaining. Just figured I’d bring it to ur attention in case nobody else noticed and it was concerning or whatever. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 07:25, 5 August 2020 (UTC)
- Basically, when the article was nominated for cover story, another version of the page was made to be shown in the cover. As the page was changed and expanded, the other version that comes on the main page was not. — The 𝗦𝗾𝗿𝘁-𝟭 talk stalk 09:03, 24 September 2020 (UTC)
Thoughts on this guy? Seems like a nationalist pseudohistorian to me.