A simple explanation?
I've always thought that explaining a near-death experience as anything other than memories from a form of unconsciousness a simple matter. Death - true death - means a brain that is no longer functioning and since memories are physical (a combination of electrical impulses and chemical sequences) a dead brain doesn't create and maintain electrical impulses or record and recall chemical sequences. Any memories of an afterlife couldn't just appear in the brain out of nowhere. If a person's consciousness and/or soul were able to somehow leave the body and return, any afterlife experiences couldn't be recalled. This is of course assuming the afterlife and soul exist in the first place and even if they do were somehow limited to linear time as we understand it, but without making such a cognitive leap, saying "Dead brains can't record memories" makes for a nice, short & sweet explanation.
"As an inspiration to religious figures "
The whole section should be deleted (the reference for the anecdote is this crap: http://www.sfgate.com/books/article/Secret-History-is-a-daft-conspiracy-theory-of-3231917.php). — Unsigned, by: 126.96.36.199 / talk / contribs
- Thank you very much for pointing that out! The section in question has been deleted. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 15:54, 25 November 2016 (UTC)
- If any religious leaders have actually written/spoken about NDEs, that would be interesting, but the John Paul II anecdote seems to be rubbish. Later, after his assassination attempt, John Paul apparently had an experience that doesn't resemble the stereotypical NDE where he felt calm and certain that he'd survive. And the Wikipedia page Near-death experience has a long list of people who've written about their NDEs, which mentions 3 people converted to Bahai, some New Agers, and one with a new-found interest in holograms, but seems notably lacking in people becoming Pope as a result of NDEs. Annquin (talk) 16:57, 25 November 2016 (UTC)
Proof hell exits
THIS MAN DIED FROM DRUG OVERDOSE, WENT TO HELL, AND THEN JESUS TOOK HIM TO HEAVEN!
Tamara Laroux Shot Herself, & Went to Hell, Then to Heaven and BACK!!
Demon Cries Out For Satan's Help When He Punches Pastor
face it your all goign to hell if you dont repent so do so heathens
I have read his book 23 minutes in Hell and Mary K Baxter's A divine Revelation of Hell
I have now accept Jesus Christ as my lord and Savior. Praise God!!!!!!!!
MANY PEOPLE WILL DIE AND WAKE UP IN THE NEXT WORLD IN HELL. WHY? BECAUSE THEY HAVE REJECTED GOD'S WORD (THE BIBLE). THEY HAVE SPIT IN GOD'S FACE WITH REJECTION OF HIS BEING AND WORD. THEY HAVE NOT REPENTED FOR THEY SINS AND HAVE LIVED AN EARTHLY LIFE OF SELF WORTH AND SELF INTELLECTUAL BELIEF. THEY HAVE MADE SATAN THEIR FATHER.
FOR THESE REASONS GOD WILL NOT KNOW YOU, NOR WILL YOU BE ABLE TO ENTER INTO HIS HEAVENLY KINGDOM WHEN YOU DIE. THIS YOU CAN COUNT ON, YOU WILL DIE.
- There is a place in the afterlife where people are made to write out one or more sets of 1000 lines 'I must switch off the caps lock when writing on RW (and other wiki) talk pages/articles, and I must sign my postings.' and 'I must not promote unproven doom and gloom claims' Anna Livia (talk) 11:32, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
A kid went to heaven after brain trauma
THis kid has no reason to lie. It's a complete miracle and you cannot deny it.
- Sign your contributions. Besides the above references are not necessarily 'reliable sources' - and claims of NDEs would be considered more valid if they had a wider range of descriptions (particularly if 'out of local culture and expectations'). Anna Livia (talk) 11:14, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
- Near-death experience are quite common and probably most of the people who report them are not lying. It is not their truthfulness which is in doubt. What has not been demonstrated is that the NDA s are anything more than hallucinations produced by damaged and dying brains. Finding another NDA adds nothing to the argument.Bob"Life is short and (insert adjective)" 12:09, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
near death experiences can be real
"Show us one where someone who had never heard of Jesus interacted with him in a near death experience?" I point you to Gary Habermas and J P Moreland "Beyond Death: Exploring the Evidence for Immortality" for such material.
Go research, rather than "highly doubt". You owe it to yourself to know the latest material.
John C Hagan The Science of Near Death Experiences- academic literature bound in one book.
Some people know enough to comment from ignorance and run through.
Jonah was literal fish food In the whale. Except dying is a process, and you are given glimpses of other realms during it, even though you don't cross the point of no return.
The righteous are in paradise, in the presence of Christ, just like God walked with Adam and Eve in paradise back at the start.
You're in "heaven" in that you're in the third heaven, but you're not in the highest heaven where God alone resides (with cherubim / seraphim and the ophanim).
paradise is blocked off from access to humans in the corruptible flesh until we die in Christ. After we are given incorruptible flesh in the final judgement, we gain access to paradise again on the earth in physical form.
Revelation 21/22 & 1 Corinthians 15.
I beg to differ. There are tons of research articles that show how people are describing things that are in hospital rooms next to them without them ever being in there. Describing things that would be impossible for them to know.there scientific evidence which says it's true. --Come2Christ (talk) 22:15, 15 March 2022 (UTC)