Talk:Quod erat demonstrandum
Just to add a little verisimilitude. RojerB 21:08, 14 July 2007 (CDT)
- Verisimilitude, eh? You must be one of them libruls. And I really thought all polar bears were left handed. ThunderkatzHo! 21:44, 14 July 2007 (CDT)
Anyhow it all sounds a bit sinister to me.
- First of all, thanks for not adding a 'y' to your nickname for me. Second of all, the nickname: I both resent and find it absolutely adorable. Finally, I'm not sure what my last point is. And how dare you call polar bears sinister. Not all polar bears are carjackers. Just the ones with problems. ThunderkatzHo! 11:58, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
- Isn't being stigmatised 'left handed' enough to make polar bears antisocial. Especially if it's only 'received wisdom'.
- No mention was made of carjacking: polar bears don't have opposable digits so would need 2 hands to hold gun or knife so couldn't open the door at the same time. They just break window, open door & rip out ignition switch, all using powerful claws.
- The only reason polar bears don't eat goats is that they can't find any in arctic regions. That's why they need to steal cars - to get to the goats.
- Ahhh, there's your downfall. Everyone knows polar bears only eat goats on Tuesdays. The other days of the week its vice versa. Due to your deceit, I now know, with 89.94% accuracy the color of your socks. ThunderkatzHo! 15:11, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
Miaow miaow. No its just that people are at their lowest ebb on Tuesday & consequently less protective of their autos. Socks! What socks? Thigh highs, panty hose or barelegged. RojerB-KtF! 15:20, 16 July 2007 (CDT)
quod erat demonstrandum
The example of poor logic has nothing to do with QED. It merely illustrates a poor use of the term. Another use of QED was the name of the band I was with in high school. Whoop de Doo. What is the point of this article? Just to tell us that people can assign various phrases to the letter QED? So what? People used to think our band name stood for Qualudes Every Day. Should an article be included about that. Erase this article. QED — Unsigned, by: 18.104.22.168 / talk / contribs (signed by bot) 20:30, 27 July 2013 (UTC)