- Yea, just not enough happening to justify its own WIGO, anything that is worth reporting probably fits just s well in clog or world. tmtoulouse heckle 16:18, 26 August 2008 (EDT)
Could we make a proper portal out of this? It would be nice if we had something we could link to in the sidebar here. I made something we could use, but I'm not claiming it's perfect. Peter mqzp 07:22, 19 February 2013 (UTC)
- Six entries and an average of less than one upvote each? Yeah, I don't think it's ready for the big leagues. WẽãšẽĩõĩďMethinks it is a Weasel 01:42, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- Paradoxically, if it doesn't get promoted it may never get the attention warranted for promotion--"Shut up, Brx." 02:40, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- you may wish to post this the saloon bar if you want feed back. this page hasn't been updated in years, and could easily miss the plug. AMassiveGay (talk) 21:42, 27 December 2019 (UTC)
Question about votes
Are they a reflection of if it belongs on WIGO, or is it personal reaction to something happening? I Have been using it as the former, but maybe I'm doing it wrong lol. this sounds weird but maybe it should be stated how the votes are intended to be used somewhere.PhoxyDude (talk) 20:51, 29 April 2022 (UTC)
- You interpreted correctly, they are a reflection of whether it belongs on WIGO. It probably should be stated somewhere; this has come up before if you go digging through the WIGO world talkpage archives. 𝒮𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝑒 talk 22:53, 29 April 2022 (UTC)
- im not sure thats the only reason or the main reason for upvotes or down votes. poorly worded editorial wigos not reflecting the linked article get down vote from me. if the story is just dross, gets a down vote. they get an up vote if i find the story interesting. or i think people might here might like a story. or its just pretty important and people should know about this. a blog in a wigo? the horror! just add to the correct page if egregious and comment out the one in the wrong spot.
- else its all very subjective and it can seem odd very occasionally seeing a particular wigo get voted straight down to hell but seems like it should not have makes me wonder if some folk were voting about the issues in a wigo and not on the wigo is good in telling us about the issues. sometimes talk pages will tell us the problems in the wigo, often times silence.
- the numbers involved in wigo votes make it mostly irrelevant. stuff isnt going get buried and hidden nor will fringe views get pushed on us from deluging a wigo with upvotes. its nice to see what you might have posted get some love. that others might be at least of a similar mind and you are not as completely out of touch and isolated in these lockdown solitary days. AMassiveGay (talk) 23:38, 29 April 2022 (UTC)
- I Wonder if it'd be prudent to add a second box to the votes, maybe with the buttons being akin to discord reactions, but with limited options. Taking advantage of those sweet sweet Unicode emojis. Maybe it gets put horizontally over the post with a slightly excessive amount of choice emojis.PhoxyDude (talk) 00:51, 30 April 2022 (UTC)