There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
- On private networks, I've heard rumors that the CIA has one. --Onion <talk> 20:15, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
- Here's Wikindex.com.22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:14, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
- I have one set up on a local network, although it doesn't get much use. And having a local install of php to host media wiki on your own computer isn't unheard of, especially for testing purposes. postate 20:41, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
- I was really hoping he was back in jail. Radioactive afikomen Please ignore all my awful pre-2014 comments. 18:49, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- The fellow never "dominated" WikiIndex, it's a sleepy, tolerant place. He started documenting his own wikis (wiki index covers all wikis, including the most disreputable, even RatWiki), but they have few policies and little oversight, and when a horde of IP vandals and pure
trollsdefenders-of-children-by-attacking-pedophiles led by the valiant Wilder, descended on the place, tossing shit, they hadn't seen so much drama in years, if ever. Sophie started off cooperatively.
- I.e., openly cooperating with hackers who threatened to take down WikiIndex if the wiki did not comply with their demands about Leucosticte. The WikiIndexians were less than thrilled. Sophie is indeffed there. I don't know why, and I'm too lazy to ask. The reason for her original block is obvious, just see her contributions. However, she didn't have any edits after her three month block expired. Maybe she created a page on "Chop Off Leucosticte's Head and Feed His Ass to the Pigs" or something, and it's been deleted. Or she sent an email to a WikiIndex admin telling him how he was a stupid pedophile-protector and why doesn't he go rape his kids? Or maybe admin is a bit strange. Some mysteries will never be resolved.
- She was a vandal, pure and simple, there entirely to attack a user, and she'd have been banned on almost any wiki, including Wikipedia, in a flash. Or course Sophie is a Mod here, or was, I don't bother to keep up with this place, and it's obvious why. I.e., Sophie is a Mod here, or was.
- Nobody cared when I was told here by one of these erstwhile protectors of children to "Go Rape Your Kids," that's why I normally stay away from this place. Right. Protect children by telling their father to rape them. Rational. Right. Not. I have real children. Leucosticte doesn't and isn't near any. And isn't looking for any.
- See a study page there on the IP editing that hit WikiIndex along with Sophie. It all passed, like wind.— Unsigned, by: Abd / talk / contribs 03:56, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- A few corrections: WikiIndex is "sleepy", which makes it easy for an active editor to keep their edits on top and there's little "wiki magic" at work, i.e. actual collaborative editing by multiple unrelated people. Larson's wiki editing patterns border on obsessive-compulsive; he really likes to write about himself and his work in a pseudo-objective, third-person voice. I don't know if it's manifestation of his... personality or a conscious PR strategy (or both). Anyway, this makes his WikiIndex articles about his wikis more... rosy than what they would have been if written by someone else. He also doesn't limit his WikiIndex articles to wikis - he has also started articles about "wiki personalities", in some cases apparently motivated by... friction with those individuals.
- Oh, and the last time I paid attention to him, that part about "doesn't have children" was about to change... Please don't make me check if it's still true.--ZooGuard (talk) 08:40, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
- So he has wiki description pages with too much description, perhaps, too much obsessive detail. Anyone can edit those pages, what was not allowed was vandalism and attack. The user doesn't usually revert war, but WikiIndex is not designed for criticism of wikis, per se. To some extent, listings can be promotional, i.e, what would you want to look at this wiki for? With this user, that's very complicated. Offensive text, deliberately outrageous views, calculated to offend, and maybe a little porn? -- though I wouldn't have "recommended" his sites for porn of any kind. They have all, now, been taken down.
- I'm not going to comment further about his personal life, beyond what I say below, he is largely removing all reference to it on-line, and so is his wife. They are separated. Suffice it to say that there are no claims that he ever abused any child, and he does not have access to any children now. Obviously, that could change in the future. I am in direct communication with him, I know where he lives and his address, and whom he lives with. If I find that an actual child is at risk, I will report that to authorities, who will do their own investigation to determine if intervention is needed. I have extensive experience with child protective authorities and trust them. Otherwise, the "child" most at risk here is the user himself, who obviously has a developmental disorder that, so far, has not allowed him to mature beyond adolescent rebellion, taken to a very unusual extreme. I see signs of a major shift. I hope it continues. --Abd (talk) 15:49, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
This is really more factoids from RationalWiki's past. I am not big on destroying our cultural heritage. Does it at least get a mention in Summer Holidays 2009? - π 09:30, 19 June 2014 (UTC)
- It does in passing. There aren't even citations so people can have a look themselves at what went down. Reckless Noise Symphony (talk) 09:33, 19 June 2014 (UTC)
- WikiIndex seems to be missing pages from it history. There are only about half a dozen on the RationalWiki page and none more than a year or so old. - π 09:35, 19 June 2014 (UTC)
The wiki looks most used by various weird nerds with profound unwarranted self importance and internet cooks promoting crackery. Looks like it set out to be a Wikipedia of wikis and turned into a place where cracks promote their sites because it's the only place that will let them. Most of the wikis aren't weird but the activity looks weird. Aleksandra96 (talk) 21:36, 10 November 2015 (UTC)