Where do ideas come from?
I am a Software Development Engineer, formerly at a big company whose name rhymes with Die Crow Soft.
I was raised in Seventh-day Adventism but don't regularly attend church. I do support my dad's charity work in Honduras, working with HIV-positive mothers and their children.
Some things to know about me:
- I like science. I find things like Quantum woo interesting because I am a sci-fi storyteller, and sometimes good fiction demands plausible-sounding explanations to make a plot work.
- Jesus commanded us to love one another, and I think following that course leads to more happiness for more people. I've yet to be convinced of a better goal for my own life.
- I don't believe that Genesis can be proven scientifically, and I am not going to try. The origin of life has no bearing on how I am supposed to conduct myself as a person.
- If your scientific investigation into evolution has helped improve peoples' lives today, in the here and now, I thank you. My religion has led me to try and do the same.
- If you feel the need to call me delusional, crazy, or wrong, go ahead if it makes you feel better. I can forgive.
- I don't think the only outcome of the Omphalos hypothesis is a maliciously deceitful god; I think the chance of ignorance is the price we pay to have free will. Ask me for details if you care.