| I fought the law|
and the law won
Reikerås lost his license to practice law due to embezzling funds from an elderly ship-owner to line his own pockets. Additionally, Reikerås did not practice according to regulations requiring separations of client money. In addition Reikerås was convicted for threats against a lawyer in a case against the same elderly ship-owner that lead to his demise. He was sentenced to four months in prison for the threats. In the same case, he was cleared for embezzlement in a case where he withheld fees to witnesses in the offshore divers case. Reikerås has used this to falsely claim that he was cleared of any and all wrongdoing.
Reikerås claims that the loss of license is a vendetta against him by the government to silence him in his work..He has, however, never applied to the actual agency responsible for licensing to apply, even though he claims otherwise.
Marius Reikerås claims to have been the architect behind the Norwegian offshore divers case in EMD, however, he mostly delayed and lost his part of the case.
Marius Reikerås was part of the ensemble cast of conspiracy nuts that formed the short-lived, so-called "Norwegian Parliament's rule of law group" unilaterally appointed by far-right MP Ulf Leirstein, who was later booted from Fremskrittspartiet; the group was widely described as a conspiracy theory group and was dissolved days after its creation after Leirstein had faced massive criticism for associating with conspiracy nuts and abusing the parliament's name.
Reikerås has at times cooperated with Rune Fardal in their vendetta against Barnevernet, with Reikerås providing the fake judicial arguments and Rune Fardal providing the grandiose talk.
Reikerås was in 2016 convicted for practicing law without license. This was overturned by a higher court after appeal, and used by Reikerås to prove that he was not violating the law. The reasons for overturn was a technicality, and he was later finally convicted in the same case. The second conviction was not published by Reikerås or any other major news outlets.
In 2017, Marius Reikerås was involved in the Lobben case before European Court of Human Rights, which he lost. Upon appeal to the grand chamber, he was replaced by a french lawyer with proper credentials
In late 2020, Council of Europe notified Mr. Reikerås that they considered his writings to libellous to publish, and that they would no longer bother to reply.
Reikerås has at multiple times published that he's preparing court proceedings against the government, to get his license to practice as a lawyer back. So far, the case has not been brought forward by Mr. Reikerås.
- "" Historien om en straffedømt eks-advokat del 2: Veien til å være eksadvokat" [The history about a convicted ex-lawyer, Marius Reikerås part 2: The road to being an ex-lawyer] Liv Torill Evenrud, advokat
- "Tilsynsrådets vedtak av 10. mars 2009" [Review of conduct] Tilsynsrådet for advokatvirksomhet
- "Dømt for trusler mot advokatkollega" [Sentenced for threats toward lawyer] Bergens Tidende, 28. November 2011
- Letter from Reikerås to Norwegian Department of Justice Marius Reikerås, 18 May 2017
- "Men Reikerås har ikke søkt om å få bevillingen tilbake", Ad Hominem, 13. July 2017
- "Mener barnevernet har brutt menneskerettighetene", Haugesunds avis, 9. July 2017
- "Historien om en straffedømt eks-advokat, Marius Reikerås del 4: Føre saker for EMD" [The history about a convicted ex-lawyer, Marius Reikerås part 4: Cases before ECHR] Liv Torill Evenrud, advokat
- "Konspirasjonsgruppe på Tinget" [Conspiracy group in parliament]. Vepsen (magazine affiliated with the skeptical movement in Norway).
- Gunnar Tjomlid: "Ulf Leirstein og Rettssikkerhetsgruppen - ikke så uskyldig". 14 October 2014
- Øivind Bergh: "En trussel mot rettssikkerheten". 21 December 2017.
- "Eksadvokat dømt for ulovlig jobbing" [Ex-lawyer convicted for illegal work] BA.no, 26. September 2016
- "Marius Reikerås ble dømt for å jobbe ulovlig som advokat. Nå er dommen slaktet og opphevet Dagbladet.no, 28. May 2017
- "Marius dømt. Igjen." [Marius convicted. Again.] Ad hominem, 19. June 2018.
- "CASE OF STRAND LOBBEN AND OTHERS v. NORWAY" ECHR HUDOC, judgement from fifth section
- "CASE OF STRAND LOBBEN AND OTHERS v. NORWAY" ECHR HUDOC, judgement from Grand Chamber
- Letter from CoE to Reikerås, 20. May 2020
- "Marius Reikerås skal saksøke staten" [Marius Reikerås to sue the government] Ad Hominem, 1. June 2017