Please at least look at the link above - something other than ridicule needs to be done. Lets take on their Biblical knowledge, let's counter their ridiculous claims and insults. Lets reveal them for what they are; The Pharisee's who killed Jesus Christ. Every day they continue to spit on Christ's name and his legacy - I will not stand idly by.
- 1 My Introduction, and the need to reveal Conservapedia for what it is
- 2 Sometimes I think Conservapedia forgot this:
- 3 A New Edition of the Bible is needed!
- 4 Beliefs and Disbeliefs
- 5 Political Compass
- 6 Grahams Departure
My Introduction, and the need to reveal Conservapedia for what it is
I have recently been banned from Conservapedia because I impersonated a Methodist Preacher, and tried to debate with someone called 'TerryH' concerning the literalness of the Bible. Although my arguments made him look like an idiot, I maintained a cool and calm facade, not letting his continous personal insults get to me.
Why is everyone so aggressive over there by the way? Surely the peace loving Christianity that I knew and loved is not about hatred? It would be funny if only it weren't so tragic.
I also made a fool of this 'TerryH' concerning the Laffer Curve, when he tried to blame Clinton for the last recession. Similarily, I made him look like an idiot concerning the scriptural warrent for the military in Jesus's writings.
People who read the Bible in a literal manner are either insane, or evil. No-one has the capacity to read the Bible literally without resorting to some of the worst crimes in history. In many ways the Bible is like a fine glass of whiskey - a little of it every day will leave you merry, happy, lovey-dovey and relaxed. Too much of it every day will leave you angry, sexually confused, repressive, violent and hateful. The Anti-Conservapedia 03:54, 29 August 2007 (CDT)
Disclaimer: There is a good chance that I didn't make a fool of anyone, and that I'm deluded. Also, my claiming to be a Methodist preacher was unfortunately necessary if I hoped to survive my arguments over there - First of all a man of the cloth will automatically have an 'unbannable' quality about him and furthermore I like the Methodist tradition of studying the Bible in an academic and scholary way. You can pretty much guess that because Methodist is derived from 'methodology', which implies that assumptions on the meaning of the Bible via literalness are not welcome.
Sometimes I think Conservapedia forgot this:
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
- Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Be careful not to do your acts of righteousness before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven
'Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.'
He also told them this parable: 'Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
'Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!
His disciples remembered that it is written: Zeal for your house will consume me.
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, 'Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?' They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her. Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.
Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, 'Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother'.
Then Jesus said to them, 'Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's'
'But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.
'If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 'Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
'But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'
'I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment.
I will add more to this in time.
A New Edition of the Bible is needed!
Conservapedia rarely uses some of the passages mentioned above. Their faith is something that is not wholesome or even true; The overwhelming body of evidence in the gospels is that Christ was a good, pure and tolerant person; Critical of personal wealth, hatred, retribution and those who shout their own faith from the rooftops (Matthew 6:1)
Perhaps these 'Liberal' passages should be amended from the bible and a more satisfactory Bible be made for these people?
Beliefs and Disbeliefs
I Believe that:
- No-one has the right to twist their religion to discriminate against another, or a whole group of people.
- No-one has the right to twist the Christian faith into one of bigotry and small-mindness.
- No-one has the right to twist the Christian faith to justify their own deeply held and disgusting prejudices.
- No-one is allowed, by right of the word of Jesus Christ to claim that they are more righteous than another - if you do, you are vainglorious and foolish.
- No-one is allowed to kill another person, unless in extreme circumstances.
- No-one is allowed to tamper with the right to life - and that doesn't extend to cells but does extend to people currently living.
I feel that I have moved further to the left in recent months than I used to; in the last few days even. This is due to a variety of things - mainly because the college year is starting up and I have been unfortunate enough to see a bright young friend of mine had to turn the opportunity to go to College down because his father became bankrupt and the family had no money to send him to college. Despite fee's being paid for in Ireland, the cost of living in Dublin is immense. Perhaps it is this experience alone, but I feel its about time that we took a look at maximising the potential resources of all the people in our society - how much money you have shouldn't be a bar to go to higher education.
Economic Left/Right: -3.12 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49
(I really like this)
I've had enough
I came across a realisation a few days ago that the vast majority of you are parodists.
In this list I count:
- TerryH (I've never seen somebody so pompous and so wrong at the same time)
- Aschlafy (You have this certain aura of smugness around you that is suffocating, and 90% of your posts seem to mention in some manner 'Liberal Deceit', 'Liberals this', 'Wah wah wah why won't everyone do what I want you are all librulz..')
- Ed Poor (Man you are too dumb for mention. Not even considering the Burma mishap, you regularly wander into articles to insert your hatred. What is a Liberal Bias anyway? At least try to be neutral in language. Twist the facts to suit your agenda if you want, but some of the language in the articles here just looks like a sexually frustrated 40 year old virgin wrote them)
- Karajou (You just keep reading the bible literally, you idiot)
- Crocite (Another one of these people that loves to say Liberal in between oxygen breaks)
- RobS (This is one person I would never let my sister get near)
- Conservative (Methinks the lady does protest too much with the constant insults of homosexuals. You might get a girlfriend Conservative. Someday.)
With all this in mind, I find it desperately hard to believe that you lot are not striking intellectuals, making these caricatures of the extreme religious right. On the off chance you are genuine people, and not elaborate hoaxes, then I feel sorry for you. Honestly.
You mention this 25 million page view figure all the time, but you must know at this stage that the vast majority of the these people visit to laugh at the likes of Kangeroo, Evolution, Homosexuality etc. This is self evident by the lack of edits made here! Every day I check here, its the same old creeps editing the same old articles. If RW removed its socks, there would only be a handful of you left.
I'm away for a nice hot bath, and maybe a few pints this evening with a few friends, because honestly, I cannot see how any of you judgemental wankers can truly be happy living this lie. Online.