NaturalNews.com (formerly Newstarget) is an anti-science conspiracy website founded by Mike "the Health Ranger" Adams. The site promotes almost every sort of medical woo known to human history, though it specializes in vaccine denialism, AIDS/HIV denial, quack cancer medicine and conspiracy theories about modern medicine. Even other quacks think it's a quack site. The site has recently broadened to include extreme environmentalism and conspiracy theorizing about Obama and gun control.
If you cite NaturalNews on any matter whatsoever, you are almost certainly wrong.
 Health beliefs
Adams is a flat-out opponent of modern medicine and opposes any medication or doctor visits. Adams calls himself a "holistic nutritionist" and is a raw food proponent who opposes food that contains sugar, food that was cooked or made to last, "red" meat, sweeteners, glutamate, homogenized milk, bread/gluten, "white" flour, genetically modified food, washing powder, deodorants, shampoo and fluoride.
A recurring theme is the contrast between the site's exacting criticism of evidence-based medicine and its unquestioning acceptance of the appeal to nature, New Age and alternative medicine. This often involves rejection of the scientific method's application to medicine as "inherently flawed," repudiating the entire philosophy of modern medicine post-Pasteur. Adams is a firm germ theory denialist. Adams also conflates evidence-based medicine in general, the failings of Big Pharma, and the US health insurance system: to him, it's all a monolithic entity called "mainstream medicine." The site blames the pharmaceutical industry for all vaguely drug-linked celebrity deaths rather than looking at any surrounding factors.
The response to any alternative medicine claim, however, is blind acceptance, whether the topic at hand is homeopathy, chiropractic, dental woo, aspartame scares, vitamin woo, anti-vaccination panic or detox diets.
 Medical conspiracy theories
NaturalNews also features many Big Pharma conspiracy theories, believing that there is no depth Big Pharma will not sink to, no lie too big for them to tell, in order to poison American citizens and cover up their "junk science." Adams claims that the pharmaceutical industry is creating HIV vaccines with the sole purpose of creating as many HIV positive people as possible to sell anti-retroviral drugs to at a huge profit. Mammographic screening creates cancer, which is then expensively treated for big profit. He considers that chemotherapy warrants criminal prosecution.
There's also usually a front page article about how some loophole in an obscure new law or regulation will enable alternative medicine or natural supplements to be banned forever!
More recent conspiracy theories claim that Bill Gates and Microsoft are in the process of developing weaponized, ethnically-targeted influenza viruses as part of a sinister eugenics plot. No, really. Adams also manages to misinterpret attempts to develop reversible forms of male contraceptives as deliberate attempts to permanently sterilize minorities.
His reaction to Angelina Jolie's preventive double mastectomy due to having the BRCA1 gene mutation was predictable; the quoted 87% probability that she would come down with breast cancer was irrelevant, since diet and lifestyle changes can magically suppress BRCA1 expression. And of course, oncologists are cast as the quacks here, not fine upstanding people like Adams.
 Non-medical conspiracy theories
Adams' love for woo isn't restricted to medicine. Cold fusion and so-called free energy ideas and devices like the Energy Catalyzer are presented on his website with the same enthusiasm as the latest alternative medicine fad. He collects news about chemtrails. He is a 9/11 truther, Birther, and pretty much everything else-er. And a Sandy Hook denialist. He considers Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, and David Icke to be "REAL heroes" and Icke and whale.to to be reliable sources. Curiously, he supports Ron Paul, who is a real medical doctor and not a practitioner of woo. This could be because Paul supports "health freedom," despite Adams simultaneously supporting health care reform and Cuba's health care system. 
He thinks Scientology (of which he is an ex-member) is treated unfairly. According to Adams, this is due to attempts by anti-religious bigots and (you guessed it) Big Pharma to oppress their belief system in order to protect their profits.
Adams has also issued his informed opinion of the 2012 Aurora, Colorado shootings, declaring that they were "obviously" staged, or perhaps that the killer, James Holmes, was involved in "experimental" neuroscience that got out of hand. Furthermore, he says the 2013 attacks on the Boston Marathon were a false flag operation by "private military contractors."
In 2014 Adams wrote several articles where he tried to prove that the Malaysian airplane disaster in March 2014 was a government cover-up, and that the plane was secretly made into a "stealth weapon", possibly carrying nuclear weapons. He also stated that he believed that the people behind the cover-up could go as far as "secretly sink some aircraft debris in the Indian Ocean so they can "find it"." Even though he believes the passengers might have survived he states that "world governments are rolling out their "official" stories, there is no question in my mind that they will do anything to support those official stories, even if it means discarding the lives of all the passengers." 
 2013 predictions
At the end of 2012, Adams put up a list of 20 "dark" predictions about 2013, which he believes to be "1984 on steroids." If Adams was right (and that's a big if, considering his predictions for 2012), the following was predicted to happen:
- Global economic collapse: "When record-low tax revenues are reported in April because of Obama's planned destruction of the U.S. economy, ratings organizations will downgrade U.S. debt, setting off a global selloff that could thrust America into a "nightmare" scenario of being unable to sell more debt." (Erm, does he want more or less taxes? Also, particularly funny in light of the government shutdown, brought about by Obama's opponents.)
- "Obama administration attempts to gut the Second Amendment."
- "Martial Law declared across America."
- "Extreme shortages of guns, ammo, magazines as their barter value skyrockets."
- "Tactical weapon strikes target Iran."
- "Massive false flag attack carried out in USA and blamed on patriots."
- "DHS arms the TSA and begins insane abuses of Americans on roadway checkpoints."
- "Secret resistance groups begin to form across America." (Which will be easy to verify, given that secret groups are usually well-documented, right?)
- "Attacks on the First Amendment accelerate as government seizes websites." (At least, the government will shut down NaturalNews and Alex Jones' Infowars site, apparently)
- "The rise of violent rhetoric among the population as disagreements turn to threats." (Oh the irony!)
- "Global government makes its move" – "Expect to see UN troops in U.S. cities before the end of 2015. The planned rollout of conflict in the USA is going to be followed by UN troops arriving on the scene to "rescue" the USA."
- "Accelerated mainstream media attacks on patriots, preppers and veterans." (Because self-declared patriots are peaceful people.)
- "Disagreement with the government characterized a 'mental disorder.'"
- "Continued rise in unemployment, food stamps, welfare as Obama accelerates deliberate destruction of U.S. economy."
- "Criminalization of preparedness activities as government outlaws ammo storage of private citizens." (Again)
- "Riots in the streets, followed by Martial Law." (Again)
- "Deliberate food shortages used as a weapon of government control."
- "Weather becomes even more radicalized, with droughts, floods, freezes." (And who's stopping AGW mitigation?)
- "Solar weather gets nasty: Solar flares threaten communications."
- "You will be told the answer to all our problems is "MORE government!""
 Creative endeavors
 Mike's cartoons
One of the more ridiculous features of NaturalNews is the cartoons by Mike Adams, which are even less entertaining than Mallard Fillmore or The Far Left Side. They are usually followed by paragraph after paragraph of the author having to explain the point of the cartoon to an audience who otherwise wouldn't find them "funny," let alone be bothered to care. Thankfully he doesn't do much of the actual art.
 Music and poetry
More ridiculous still is the "Music" section on NaturalNews, where he posts hip-hop videos and songs he wrote about the alternative quackery of the day. Most of the so-called "music" is cheap-sounding hip-hop injected with Mike's screeds about how terrible vaccines and antidepressants are. Just like his cartoons, his hiphop postings are also followed by paragraphs of his own self-aggrandizement and boring explanations of his works for those who didn't care to listen to the actual song.
 Twitter silliness
In 2010, Adams was in the running for the Shorty Awards, basically a popularity contest for Twitter users. He had the most votes in the health category, and his fellow lunatic Joseph Mercola was closely behind. Skeptics decided to vote up Rachel Dunlop, a skeptic and doctor based in Australia.
Eventually, Dunlop got to the top of the health charts. Adams and Mercola threw an Internet shit-fit and went vote-canvassing. Hundreds of their supporters turned up and set up new accounts to vote. Those votes were promptly disqualified as only existing accounts were allowed to vote. Adams was briefly put back into pole position, but then was disqualified after the fraudulent votes were removed. He got really angry about this.
Shortly thereafter, Adams childishly posted a list of all the terrible things he thinks skeptics believe on NaturalNews, including:
“”Skeptics believe that many six-month-old infants need antidepressant drugs. In fact, they believe that people of all ages can be safely given an unlimited number of drugs all at the same time: Antidepressants, cholesterol drugs, blood pressure drugs, diabetes drugs, anti-anxiety drugs, sleeping drugs and more -- simultaneously!
Skeptics believe that the human body has no ability to defend itself against invading microorganism and that the only things that can save people from viral infections are vaccines.
All this, for Twitter.
- The website itself
- NaturalNews TV, For when you've run out of YouTube cranks.
- Orac has been documenting his insanity for years. A more specific page detailing his material on Adams can be found here.
- ↑ Vaccine denial:         
- ↑ AIDS/HIV denialism:       
- ↑ Cancer woo:              
- ↑ An example of said conspiracy theories
- ↑ Special Report: The Legend of Mike Adams and the Reality (Thomas Corriher and Sarah Cain, The Health Wyze Report, 06 Feb 2013)
- ↑ List of "Modern medicine news, articles and information"
- ↑ Q & A: Are there any situations in which pharmaceuticals and medications are okay to use?
- ↑ Why doctors are more dangerous than guns - new Health Ranger investigation
- ↑ Obama turns doctors into gun control snitches running health care spy network
- ↑ Media & Press Information
- ↑ Raw Food Diet: Enjoy Nutrition as Nature Designed
- ↑ Comparing Sweeteners?
- ↑ Rawpalooza - Discover the benefits of a raw food lifestyle
- ↑ Health Basics - What exactly is a raw food diet?
- ↑ List of red meat news, articles and information
- ↑ Artificial sweeteners and flavor enhancers are dangerous
- ↑ Health Ranger interviews neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock on MSG and brain-damaging excitotoxins
- ↑ The Facts About Pasteurization and Homogenization of Dairy Products
- ↑ You have a choice: Sex or bread?
- ↑ White flour promotes nutritional deficiencies and chronic disease
- ↑ Comprehensive research database offers global picture of harm caused by GMOs
- ↑ Your Laundry Detergent may be Hazardous to Your Health
- ↑ 12 Year Old Boy Killed by Deodorant Spray
- ↑ Popular shampoos contain toxic chemicals linked to nerve damage
- ↑ Sodium fluoride exposed in new Health Ranger video; cities are poisoning their citizens with pesticide chemicals from China
- ↑ Part I: Evidence-Based Medicine is Not Exclusive of Alternative Medicine (Opinion)
- ↑ 'Blinded by Science' explores the power of vibrational energy and water in healing and wellness
- ↑ Shattering the false philosophy and junk science of conventional medicine
- ↑ The Germ Theory Hoax on the next NaturalNews Talk Hour
- ↑ Is Modern Medicine Founded on Error?
- ↑ Germ theory delusions collapse as new science reveals healthy people carry 10,000 different germ strains at all times
- ↑ If mainstream medicine really works, why are Americans so unhealthy? (Mike Adams, NaturalNews, 12 April 2010); point-by-point skeptical response.
- ↑ Whitney Houston yet another victim of pharmaceutical drug industry (UPDATE 2)
- ↑ Bernie Mac Another Casualty of Conventional Medicine?
- ↑ Timeline of celebrities killed by Big Pharma: Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, Farrah Fawcett, Elvis and more
- ↑ Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett the Latest Celebrity Victims of Big Pharma
- ↑ Homeopathy dramatically more effective at preventing and treating whooping cough than allopathic medicine
- ↑ What the American Medical Association hopes you never learn about its true history
- ↑ Dentistry scams exposed: Mercury fillings and unnecessary dental surgery
- ↑ Health Ranger releases new infographic listing the top ten worst sources of aspartame
- ↑ Here's how you are being profoundly manipulated by political parlor tricks and media sleight of hand
- ↑ Thousands of Americans died from H1N1 even after receiving vaccine shots
- ↑ Vaccinated children have up to 500% more disease than unvaccinated children
- ↑ Six Easy Ways Detox in Our Toxic World
- ↑ Big Pharma Mind Control!
- ↑ AMA conspiracy against chiropractic
- ↑ Merck Committed Scientific Fraud in Delays, Distortions of Vytorin Drug Trial (opinion)
- ↑ HIV vaccines cause 50 percent false positive rate in HIV tests
- ↑ Mammograms cause breast cancer (and other cancer facts you probably never knew)
- ↑ Breast Cancer Rates Soar after Mammograms and Some Cancers may Heal Naturally
- ↑ Early Mammograms May Trigger Genetic Breast Cancer
- ↑ Women Remain Uninformed about the Hazards of Mammograms
- ↑ The Quackery of Chemotherapy, Gunpoint Medicine and the Disturbing Fate of 13-Year-Old Daniel Hauser, Mike Adams, Natural News May 20, 2009, retrieved 2011-05-21.
- ↑ Can You Trust Chemotherapy to Cure Your Cancer?
- ↑ http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/2008/08/22/the-latest-scummy-tactic/
- ↑ Microsoft buys eugenics technology from Merck, becomes drug development partner with top global vaccine manufacturer
- ↑ Bill Gates funds technology to destroy your sperm
- ↑ How Angelina Jolie was duped by cancer doctors into self mutilation for breast cancer she never had, naturalnews.net
- ↑ The quack view of preventing breast cancer versus reality and Angelina Jolie, Respectful Insolence, scienceblogs.com
- ↑ E-Cat Cold fusion device independently validated producing 800% more energy than input, Neev M. Arnell, Natural News May 19, 2011, retrieved 2011-05-21.
- ↑ Free Energy Technology Could Destroy the Natural World (But It Doesn't Have To), Mike Adams, Natural News April 24,2011, retrieved 2011-05-21.
- ↑ They have a whole category for chemtrails, in fact
- ↑ Jumping rope and 9/11 truth - how the sheeple have been trained to avoid unpopular truth about WTC 7
- ↑ Obama birth certificate is just as authentic as the money supply, the food supply and Obamacare
- ↑ Sandy Hook fundraising relief page created 3 days before shooting, Google search results confirm
- ↑ This post puts much of his insanity on display in one place.
- ↑ David Icke on AIDS
- ↑ Five times in this article alone.
- ↑ Ron Paul articles
- ↑ Why Michael Moore's SiCKO is a health care documentary every American must see
- ↑ Scientology, anti-psychiatry quackery, and Mike Adams: It all becomes clear now, Orac, Respectful Insolence, June 23rd, 2011
- ↑ Crazed Swordsman Attacks Scientology Guard Who Fires Back in Self Defense, Mike Adams, Natural News November 24, 2011, retrieved 2011-05-21.
- ↑ Baseless Accusations against John Travolta Demonstrate Cruelty, Intolerance of Pill Pushers and Religion Bashers, Mike Adams, Natural News January 5, 2011, retrieved 2011-05-21.
- ↑ Colorado Batman shooting shows obvious signs of being staged
- ↑ Total media blackout now under way on most likely suspects in Boston marathon bombing
- ↑ Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 now clearly a government cover-up: All evidence contradicts official story
- ↑ 22 minutes of video woo; PZ Myers takes you through it.
- ↑ NaturalNews:2012 predictions
- ↑ 20 dark predictions for 2013, the year of oppression and insanity, Natural News
- ↑ An example of this insult to good cartooning.
- ↑ Listen if your ears dare.
- ↑ In a downward direction. To imprison us all (Mike Adams, NaturalNews, 25 January 2012)
- ↑ nexusnow.info forum: To Imprison Us all - a poem, by The Health Ranger - Mike Adams
- ↑ Orac post
- ↑ Asshole Skeptic post
- ↑ His screed about the shorty awards
- ↑ Pharyngula's post about the incident
- ↑ Mike Adams thinks he knows what skeptics believe