Debate:Have you read spiritual texts besides the Bible?
- The gospel of Thomas. Totnesmartin 18:51, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
- A few Surahs of the Qur'an (the ones about proper treatment of women and certain religious laws) --Ζωροάστρης 19:50, 17 December 2007 (EST)
- The Ramayana --Jeēv☭sYour signature gave me epilepsy... 19:57, 17 December 2007 (EST)
- The Bhavagad Gita. Rational Edfaith
- Some of the Koran. Totnesmartin 18:51, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
- I've read the Tao Te Ching. I put it under this heading since Taoism can cover the entire spectrum from theistic to non-theistic. I read it (and enjoyed it) as a non-theistic philosophy of living. --Edgerunner76Tah-daaaaaaah! 14:29, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
- The Tao Te Ching. Totnesmartin 18:51, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
- The poetic and prose eddas, bits of the book of the dead (only slightly more interesting than the bible) plus some other odds and ends. --Jeēv☭sYour signature gave me epilepsy... 19:57, 17 December 2007 (EST)
- I've read the Eddas and a few other sagas, the Tao Te Ching and the Chuangzi, the Book of Five Rings. I've started (but failed to finish) the Koran (my translation was given to overly elaborate turns of phrase), the Book of Hermes Trismegistus (not what I thought it was), the Analects (read like the grumpiest old man ever wrote it), and the Satanic Bible (Ayn Rand meets religion). If I think of more (there should be more) I'll come back here. Researcher 19:59, 17 December 2007 (EST) Oh, yeah, the Mabnogion, Promethea, currently reading the Kybalion, some of the Gnostic books, and more books on "witchcraft" than I care to admit. (Some are good...some, not so much.)
- Aradia, The mabnogion, and all the Promethea books! Totnesmartin 18:51, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
- human: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Stranger in a Strange Land, Kahlil Gibran, In Search of the Miraculous, The Tao of Physics, The Mind's I, will add more as I remember them.
- Rational EdfaithDitto on Zen, Stranger, Kahlil and Tao. Also, the Tao Te Ching, I and Thou (Buber), The Courage to Be (Tillich), Fear and Trembling and Sickness Unto Death (Kierkegaard)
- Lyall Watson, Colin Wilson, Charles Fort, lots of books on ESP, UFOs etc. Totnesmartin 18:51, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
- Does LotR count? CЯacke® 19:33, 9 April 2008 (EDT)