| Style over substance|
Dennis Lee (a.k.a. Josiah David)is a practicing pseudoscientist, and head of a company called Better World Technologies. His company markets practically every false technology that one can think of, from healing devices that use zero-point energy to an over-unity motor. Lee claims that corporate America is doing everything in their power to suppress him. He claims that God dictates instructions to him, which lures thousands of the faithful into his scam and paranoia.
Internet skeptic Eric Krieg, who has done an excellent job in refuting Lee, was said to be "CIA sponsored" by Lee's wife. Lee's followers are told that they are not allowed to even look at Krieg's website.
- Arrested 8 times between 1974-197 in New Jersey on fraud, forgery and drug charges
- Pleaded guilty to 5 counts of passing checks in 1975 in New Jersey
- Was able to dupe fellow-charlatan Pat Robertson out of $150,000 in 1978
- Arrested for passing bad checks in New York in 1982
- Accused by the Washington state attorney general of violating the Consumer Protection Act
- Pleaded guilty to two felony counts of consumer fraud in California in 1990
- Was served a cease-and-desist order by Washington State for allegedly marketing unregistered securities
- One of his employees, an electrical engineer named Jim Murray resigned rather than rigging a piece of equipment to make it appear to be 200% efficient.
Continuing with Lee's life story after the 1990s:
- Arrested in Kentucky for violating consumer protection laws in 2001
- Temporary restraining order against Lee in New Mexico in 2001
- Summary judgement against Lee in a Washington court case in 2002
In May 2021, the US Securities and Exchange Commission filed fraud charges against him for "fraudulently raising nearly $4 million from over 130 investors nationwide through the sale of membership units in [The Premier Healthcare Solution, LLC]."
- United Community Services of America (archived from January 4, 2006) — has the interesting disclaimer courtesy of state attorneys general, "Notice: All offers and products of United Community Services of America are not for Kentucky residents. UCSA and BWT do not sell products or opportunities in the state of Kentucky. 'UCSofA does not offer anything for sale in or into Vermont, pending appeal'"
- Archive.org copy of Krieg's webpage on Lee
- Entry at the Pure Energy Systems Wiki
- Dennis Lee and Free Electricity? New Mexicans for Science and Reason.
- Last convicted for fraud in 1990, indicted 3 times since 1975.
- BWT — an inside story of working with Dennis Lee by Charlie Doyle (March 1999) Free Energy.
- The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe: How to Know What's Really Real in a World Increasingly Full of Fake by Steven Novella et al. (2018) Grand Central Publishing. ISBN 9781538760536.
- NESS Takes On Free Energy Guru – Dennis Lee by Perry DeAngelis (July 2001; Updated August 2009) The New England Skeptical Society.
- "SEC Charges Healthcare Company and Its Founder with Multimillion Dollar Fraud", SEC Press Release. 21 May 2021
- Complaint, Case 2:21-cv-11460, filed 19 May 2021.
- Dennis Lee Free Energy (archived from February 25, 2020).