Emily J. Miller
|You gotta spin it to win it|
|Stop the presses!|
|We want pictures|
Emily J. Miller is a journalist, extreme right-wing writer, gun nut, and a member of the Unification Church ("Moonie") movement. She works as a "senior editor of opinion" for the Unification Church-owned Washington Times (also known as "The Moonie Times"), who consistently advocates far-right fringe views. She is a native of Baltimore.
Investigative journalism position
Miller is the chief investigative reporter for WTTG, the Fox affiliate for Washington, D.C. (no editorial relation to Fox News Channel even though the station is owned and operated by the Fox Broadcasting Company, whose parent company also owns Fox News). Her open, partisan advocacy on gun politics puts her journalistic objectivity in question.
Homophobia, transphobia and racism
She frequently expresses extreme homophobic and transphobic views, and she claimed that Chelsea Manning's identification as a woman and request that she be referred to as "Chelsea" was an "absurd request.".
She is also frequently critical of undocumented immigrants to the United States.
A die-hard gun nut, she published the conspiracy theorist anti-Obama book Emily Gets Her Gun ... But Obama Wants to Take Yours in September 2013. One has to wonder why the evil Obama wanted to let her have a gun but not others. Media Matters for America challenges many claims in her book about Obama's positions on gun policy and characterizes them often as distortions. She also told a tall tale about her home being robbed by 15 men as a reason why she wanted a gun.
Republican press spokesperson
Before her tenure at the Times, Miller worked as a press spokesperson for several Republican politicians. She implicated her former fiancé Michael Scanlon in a political scandal after he broke off their engagement; he was subsequently convicted on federal corruption charges and sent to prison. She also had a record as an unusually brusque press person, once shouting at a reporter: "We don't know you! You don't exist! You are dead to us!"
- Emily J. Miller Joins One America News Network as Senior Political Correspondent. PR Newswire. 1 June, 2016 (Retrieved 24 June, 2018).
- Emily Miller, AP calls Bradley Manning a ‘she’ and liberal media fall in line with PC agenda, The Washington Times, 29 August 2013
- 24 Distortions About Guns From Wash. Times Editor Emily Miller's New Book
- Additional document casts doubt on ‘home invasion’ of local Fox reporter
- Jason Leopold, How they got caught: After lobbyist broke off engagement, ex-fiancee told of illicit dealings to FBI, 3 January 2006