We have quite a few mainspace 'article' pages that consist of literally just one or two lines. I think this is really discourteous to the reader, especially if they waste time following a link to one of these pages thinking it's an actual article being linked, only to be confronted with a blank page with a handful of words at the top. If all we have to say on a topic is a sentence or two, then we should include that as part of whatever article most closely relates to the topic, not as a separate page on its own.
I've checked in special:ShortPages and dealt with a few easy cases, but there's still the following (and more). Some of these are potentially on-mission subjects, & some are linked from multiple pages. If you've got any knowledge or interest in any of these subjects, can you please try to expand, merge, redirect or delete them as appropriate. ΨΣΔξΣΓΩΙÐMethinks it is a Weasel 02:07, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
(deleted) Shiv Sena(redirected) (deleted)
- <s> (deleted)
(deleted) (deleted) (deleted) Evolution: A Fairy Tale for Grownups(redirected) (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) Puppet state(redirected) (deleted) Operation Mindfuck(redirected) (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) Obeah(redirected) (deleted) Scalawag(deleted) (deleted) Argumentum ad lapidem(redirected)
- Maximillien de Lafayette
- Information asymmetry
- Moody Institute of Science
(deleted) Talking point(redirected)
- Consensus theory
(deleted) Alma Geddon(redirected)
- Lipids - meh, who cares?
- Several of the mainspace US states pages
- California could be deleted and redirected to fun space, imo. Nullahnung (talk) 02:22, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
- Same with the other state one-liners that have fun space articles. Nullahnung (talk) 02:27, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
- Gary Goodyear is currently my MP, and what's written in the article is basically all he's notable for. Note that he isn't even the Minister of State for Science and Technology anymore, and even when he was, all he did was go around presenting grants at official functions. He made no real decisions. Also, much like most Canadian politicians, he denied his anti-evolution stance when prodded about it. I met with him for a few hours last year, and while he's basically your typical Conservative politician, I doubt he's interesting enough for us to generate a worthwhile article on him. - Grant (Talk) 15:43, 25 January 2014 (UTC)