There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
The Coulter Coefficient is a notional measurement of the degree of intolerance/hostility a community has towards outsiders or deviants. The Coefficient is measured in "milliCoulters" (mČ), this being the largest unit suitable for everyday use.
- Ann Coulter's own books: 1000 milliCoulters, or 1 Coulter
- This is the defining standard. If Coulter gets better/worse, then the scale adjusts accordingly.
- Alcoholics Anonymous meeting: 230 milliCoulters
- RationalWiki in headless chicken mode: 57 milliCoulters ± a binful of vandals
- Typical group of sports fans: 120 milliCoulters
- The popular kids at school: 145 milliCoulters
- Typical group of sports fans, at a bar: 200 milliCoulters
- The average 4chan Anon towards "newfags": 370 milliCoulters
- Typical group of sports fans, at a live game: 500 milliCoulters
- The average 4chan Anon towards "tripfags/namefags": 580 milliCoulters
- Conservapedia sysops: 640 milliCoulters
- The average 4chan Anon towards "SJWs": 930 milliCoulters
- Michael Savage's radio show: 1100 milliCoulters
- The average 8chan Anon towards "SJWs": 1500 milliCoulters
- The Spanish Inquisition: 25000 milliCoulters