Fun talk:Goats in the Bible
Risk Of Great Schism
Song of Solomon 1:8 has:
- If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds' tents.
But the New International Version has:
- If you do not know, most beautiful of women, follow the tracks of the sheep and graze your young goats by the tents of the shepherds.
Although the word "goat" is not used in the King James, the word "kid" is. I feel that we should clarify this point - is a "kid" a "goat" in terms of this article? I fear that a Great Schism may result if this point is not clarified rapidly.--Bobbing up 12:58, 12 November 2007 (EST)
- New and Improved! Now contains KJV and NIV, and don't even think about cooking a young goat in its mother's milk (Exodus 23:19, Exodus 34:26, Deuteronomy 14:21). Master Bra'tacKree! 13:26, 12 November 2007 (EST)
This is teh awesome.
You have an entire article on goats in the bible, and have not included the quite serious issue of Jesus being a goat? (I'm not kidding). Something is very wrong here. I'm quite sure you do know that the goat in Old testiment was sacrificed after everyone "laid their hands" on him, and pushed their sins onto that poor goat's soul. (contact magic).--En attendant Godot 16:47, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- Agree. 21:32, 18 September 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe it's because I don't have a sense of humour, but what's so funny about grep goat bible? -- Nx / talk 16:58, 2 October 2011 (UTC)