|Going One God Further|
|Articles to not believe in|
During his almost twenty years as an evangelical Christian and Christian apologist, he experienced growing doubt about the tenets of the Christian faith. In the late 1990s, he experienced a crisis of faith that led him to reject Christianity altogether. He eventually wrote a book laying out his case against Christianity that he published in 2008 as Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity. Later that same year, he self-published a companion book entitled Why I Became an Atheist: Personal Reflections and Additional Arguments.
His book The Outsider Test for Faith proposes a method for evaluating religious belief from an outsider's perspective.
He founded the website Debunking Christianity, before which he was a contributor to Freethought Blogs, which he left due to differences of opinion.
- Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity (Revised & Expanded) Prometheus, 2012. ISBN 9781616145774
- The Outsider Test for Faith: How to Know Which Religion Is True Prometheus, 2013. ISBN 9781616147372
- The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails Amherst, New York, Prometheus Books, 2010. ISBN 9781616141684
- The End of Christianity Amherst, New York, Prometheus Books, 2010. ISBN 9781616144135
- God or Godless?: One Atheist. One Christian. Twenty Controversial Questions. Baker Books, 2013. ISBN 0801015286