Ape-Human bus queue
Watch the birdie
Can someone proof read my added section please?
TITLE OF SECTION: What Evolution is not
Unfortunately due to creationists, there has been bit of a misunderstanding of what the Theory of Evolution actually attempts to explain.
Evolution DOES NOT EXPLAIN:
The origin of life. While it is true that evolution predicts that all of life on Earth is based on a common ancestor it does not explain how life has came here in the first place. Scientist try to explain the origin of life in the study of abiogenesis
It also doesn't try to explain the origin of the universe. This is under the domain of physics (specially cosmology) not biology. The most commonly accepted theory of the creation of the universe is by the Big Bang cosmology
Evolution only attempts to explain the diversity of life. That's it. Done. QED.
- The idea behind the section is actually quite good and - as far as I can see - it's not actually covered in the article.
- I might suggest, under the proposed heading:
- "Unfortunately, "evolution" is sometimes understood to encompass the whole of science and even ethics - and this tends to be a misunderstanding common among different types of creationists.
- It should be clearly understood that evolution does not explain, makes no attempt to explain and is not designed to explain:
- The origin of the universe. This lies under the domain of physics (specially cosmology), not biology. Nevertheless scientists are working on various models of Big Bang cosmology which attempt to explain the earliest moments of the universe.
- The origin of life. While it is true that evolution accepts that all of life on Earth is based on a common ancestor, it does not explain how life arose in the first place. Studies into the the origin of life are called abiogenesis
- Morality. The science of evolution makes no ethical claims.
- Evolution explains the diversity of life in an existing universe and in which life exists - nothing more."