Talk:Jesus Is Savior
If we're going to identify this guy as a convicted child abuser/sex offender, I think we need links to reliable news sources on this. I tried a few Google searches & found nothing on the subject except blogs & green ink sites. Also re the dating site, is there any evidence that the account is actually his & not a parodist? WẽãšẽĩõĩďMethinks it is a Weasel 18:28, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
- We should be very cautious about this. The DavidJStewartExposed blogspot only ran up to Jan 2011, with the latest post being that he had accepted a plea bargain. The blog sites mostly itself & emails the author received, plus some links to local public court records which would take some effort to verify. Given that this doesn't seem to be a very notable site or individual, I suggest that we delete this article & just keep a mention in the webshites page. WẽãšẽĩõĩďMethinks it is a Weasel 18:55, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
- I've been thinking about an article on this fellow for a while myself - he's a favourite target at FSTDT (if you search the archives there are thirteen pages of quotes from him). I've altered the article so that the accusations of child abuse are kept at arm's length, though. Balaam (talk) 19:05, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
- I've removed that para altogether, and the deletion notice - the article itself is totally on topic - David Gerard (talk) 18:46, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
I give up.
Either jesus-is-savior.com is a deep parody or humanity is stupider than I ever imagined. HEE HAW is of the Devil. Somebody owes me a new keyboard. Secret Squirrel (talk) 00:55, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
Thought that it was a joke from a deranged mind.
I enjoyed reading the site, as I always found it quite funny that he took himself so serious. It made joke sites such as Landover Baptest Church look more not like a joke. Also he even did a rant about the Church of Satan, how they bought a hotel in San Fransisco and it was on the album cover for Hotel California by the Eagles. Things that can't be confirmed from any sources. I guess if he needed material just twist the truth and make up the rest.
Then on his Bible bashing of anything not King James, when anyone that knows anything about the bible knows that it is a small fraction of the original texts. Also there is no such thing as an exact translation.— Unsigned, by: 126.96.36.199 / talk / contribs
"His website promotes extremist fundie ideologies and conspiracy theories such as King James-onlyism, Anti-Catholicism, anti-Semitism, anti-Zionism, and the evils of rock and pop music artists like Boston, Michael Jackson, the Backstreet Boys, and even Christian rock and country music, among other ideas. "Oprah is the Most Dangerous Woman in the World!" because she is a New Agie." [Emphasis mine]
Why is anti-Zionism included here? Are you implying opposition or criticism of Zionism is a "fundie ideology" or "conspiracy theory"?
- This guy manages to make it fundie ideology: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/scofield.htm Aristos achaion (talk) 01:13, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
I typed "dare being goth" and the "Jesus is savior" website was the first one to show up in the Google Search result list. Pretty shitty and frightening when you lack self-confidence and you're looking for advice about expressing yourself without being afraid of the other's glances. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:53, 31 January 2015 (UTC)
- Like, even more so than Reverend Zim_ulator? Probably! LlamaPastor31 Boredom is a time for contemplative thought 04:54, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
No supportable content.
I am a Protestant Minister. The website jesus-is-savior and its Stewart's other websites have done much more damage regarding the general perception regarding the actual literary value of the Judeo-Christian Protestant Bible. The Jesus-is-savior website does not link to nor mention credible and reliable source material, although it does occasionally link to random videos. If one is searching this site for supportable scholarly content, they will not find any.— Unsigned, by: 184.108.40.206 / talk / contribs
- On talk pages, please sign your comments using four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the sign button: on the toolbar above the edit panel. (You can indent successive talk page comments using one more colon (:) for each line.) Thank you. Christopher (talk) 17:54, 5 May 2017 (UTC)