Talk:Pepe the Frog
Stuff to mention
In bullet point form on talk page because I can't be bothered properly editing the article right now & haven't read all of these sources yet. Feel free to integrate any of this, or else I'll try & come back to it later.
- Boys Club comic mostly fart jokes & other toilet humour.
- "Feels good man" meme comes from one about peeing.
- Use on 4chan & imageboards, with assorted variants, e.g. "feels bad man".
- Use by alt-right & white supremacists on /pol/ etc. & "campaign to reclaim Pepe from normies".
- Trump Pepe already a meme this time last year, & tweeted by Trump himself.
- The Deplorables (there are probably better articles/blogs).
- Hillary Clinton campaign's Pepe explainer.
- Heat Street flip-flopping (Ian Miles Cheong/Louise Mensch): Pepe's not a racist meme, yeah it is, actually yeah.
- ADL recognises Pepe as a hate symbol: press release, database entry.
- Matt Furie condemns alt-right & supports Hillary. , , . 
Kek comes from the old days of world of warcraft. When a human or orc in the game said "lol", the other one would see "kek" in the chat box. This is a will know meme in gameing. I don't know why its here.— Unsigned, by: 126.96.36.199 / talk / contribs 15:26, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
Because Kek also happens to be the name of a Egyptian Chaos God who is a frog. Since Pepe was trending at the time 4chan realized this, they have associated Pepe with a chaos god who shares a name with a WoW meme. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:15, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
Pepe: Rare, Racist or Both?
- From PBS Idea Channel. See also, the follow-up comment responses video. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 00:09, 18 February 2017 (UTC)
Why waste time on Pepe ?
Been on 9gag for a while, and I saw many people using the meme, but never for nationalist meanings. Frankly, it's useless to waste time on a fucking frog, there's literally no point in having a page on a meme, while we could try to make pages on actual politics/pseudoscience/conspiracy theories. Diacelium (talk) 00:39, 18 February 2017 (UTC)
- Wow, so that's a helpful tone. Honestly, I wish you knew the basics. And yeah, notice which site that is. Even TOW finds Pepe notable, and that's without sharing our particular profile of highlighting all things related to fringe- and hate movements. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 02:23, 18 February 2017 (UTC)
Trump and Pepe, sittin' in a tree...
While this is a mashup (the pose to the right most likely being coincidental), the tweet to the left is not fake. Old news, but Trump actually tweeted that. Seen here as part of a mashup from, you guessed it — the Daily Stormer. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 03:02, 26 May 2017 (UTC)
Pepe in Spain
In Spanish Pepe is just is a pet form of the Spanish name José nd is extremely common. No wonder there is a "Casa Pepe" in Spain or that ome people called Pepe (wich again, is perhaps the most common name in Spain) happen to be fascists.184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:45, 13 January 2019 (UTC)