Europe has no record of 'survivalists'. It's an American thing. The 'survivalists' in France and Switzerland are mostly Nazis masquerading as survivalists. Intothelight (talk) 14:59, 10 June 2016 (UTC)
- You are correct. Americans are infantile and totally ethnocentric; I think the whole World agree on this, from Australia to Arabia, from China to France, from Africa to Brazil. I see they think the "Bugarach" non-event is relevant to their "survivalism" article (it is not), but they've never even looked up what's currently going on in France or Switzerland with the so-called "survivalists": http://preview.tinyurl.com/frenchsurvivalists — Unsigned, by: 22.214.171.124 / talk / contribs
- Hey, Intothelight!
- Thank you very much for this interesting bit of info. I had no idea, but the Internet proves you right:
- Interestingly, the Bases Autonomes are tied to the horrific Charlie Hebdo Shootings ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Hebdo_shooting ) :
How far to Silver rating?
Apparently there's a prepper song
And I honestly can't tell if it's satire.
- I get the impression that the "music video" and the music itself is made by different people? The video is certainly reduntant and completely unfunny, but the lyrics of the song are pretty witty and certainly seem to poke fun at survivalists (singer has very poor delivery though)... But I'm unsure if it's a parody as well. Poe gets the last laugh, as usual. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 01:23, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
"Genuine" Ark Projects?
Citation needed .... this may help.
There's a show that frequently aired on TV where I live called "Doomsday Preppers", which had quite a high wingnut concentration. I have a few "Best of" examples:
- A guy looking for oil to drive his tractor shot up an abandoned transformer, not knowing that transformer oil can be very carcinogenic.
- A guy living in the mountains for his prepper plan had a bunch of dogs, and then had their teeth coated in titanium(!) to make "killing machines"