(in no particular order)
- 1 Moony
- 1 Mormon
- 1 YECer
- 1 Homophobe
- 1 Failed lawyer
- 1 Brainwashed sad ex sailor
- A few serfs to do the grunt work
Well, I've been banninated on Cultopedia; allegedly for bullying!
The banninator hasn't had the courtesy to reply to my email requesting an explanation.
So I've started going through their uploaded images & informing copyright owners in those cases where they have litle or no justification for publishing on their "Educational" website.
1 reply so far, it is Saturday after all, he's going to consult a lawyer friend on Monday!
Heh! he's just come back again with a load of anti-imperialist American opressor stuff! (1/2 in Spanish!)
77 Images noted to (presumed) copyright owners
3 4 7 replies
Quotes from replies (censored to protect the innocent):
Thank you for that information.
Although the fundamentalist group arrogantly professes a moral high ground, their action in using someone else’s photograph without permission or acknowledgement must be regarded as sneak theft.- xxxxxxx xxxxxxx (Webmaster)
Thanks for this xxxxx, the photo is used on treasuresofthesea.org.nz due to courtesy of the photographer and isn't for reproduction elsewhere. I'll email and ask for it to be taken down.- wwf
- 19:33, 21 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) deleted "Image:Marine New Zealand.jpg" (need public domain replacement)
1 down 7,000,000 to go!
Yes, that is the World Wildlife Fund!
Thank you very much for letting me know about the copyright infringement!
Kind regards- japan-guide.com And they've a load from their website
Well so I´ll send them an email asking to remove the image, in fact I don´t like the contents and ideology of their site and this should be enough for not authorize to use my image.
Thanks again, I´ll keep you informed.- xxxxxx xxxxxxx
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will certainly look into it.- xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx Gallery
From a very prestigious New York Gallery
one site has 0ver 25 Images copied by CP.
No reply received from this one:
- (1) http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Image:Maya_Dresden_Codex.jpg&oldid=434859
- (2) http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Mexican_Painting&oldid=435254
But someone's heard: (# 19:47, 21 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) deleted "Image:Maya Dresden Codex.jpg" (will replace with public domain version next, which looks identical))
Sent: Mon 4/21/08 12:22 AM To: firstname.lastname@example.org Inasmuch as you are in the business of selling Educational material, I think that the following might be of interest:
An image on your website has been copied* and published* on the internet at Conservapedia.com a right wing fundamentalist Christian website. Justification (Fair Use) is claimed on the first of these web pages. A procedure is laid out at (http://www.conservapedia.com/DMCA_Agent) for objecting to this usage, but I would suggest that the 'legalese' of this document is spurious and a mere email to: email@example.com (with "copyright" and "Conservapedia" in the subject line) should be enough in law to satisfy objection.
Should the justification satisfy your requirements, please ignore this email.
- (1) http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Image:ProSyn-cell.jpg&oldid=415558
- (2) http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Law_of_biogenesis&oldid=415564
15:39, 22 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) deleted "Image:ProSyn-cell.jpg" (need better public domain version)
- 16:56, 22 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) deleted "Image:Jindal.jpg"
- 16:55, 22 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) deleted "Image:Jindal.jpg" (replacing with better photo in public domain)
Why does it always take ASchlafly 2 goes to upload a file:
- 16:56, 22 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) uploaded "Image:Jindal.jpg" (public domain, from http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=pagebuilder&tmp=home&navID=38&cpID=1&cfmID=0&catID=0)
(It's not " .GOV", Aschlafly and the site claims copyright.)
- 18:27, 22 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) deleted "Image:Ny public library.jpg"
- 18:26, 22 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) deleted "Image:Ny public library.jpg" (better image available)
Two goes to upload, again:
- 18:28, 22 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) uploaded "Image:NY Public Library Postcard.jpg" (public domain postcard (prior to 1923))
- 18:27, 22 April 2008 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs) uploaded "Image:Ny public library.jpg" (public domain postcard (prior to 1923))
The rise and fall of "oh stupid TK"
 (User:KTDiputsho I am Kaito Diputsho. I am a keen photographer and image-maker and therefore have special interest in copyright issues to protect both my own work and that of fellow artists. As a conservative I value property rights, especially intellectual property rights. Breaking copyright laws constitutes theft. I hope to contribute to Conservapedia by improving standards and through adhering to conservative values ensure intellectual honesty.)
- Mr Aschlafly I have discovered several images which have been uploaded under the GFDL license.
- Image:Kasbah of Algiers Mosque.jpg
- Image:Kamakura Budda.jpg
- Image:Great white shark.jpg
It is my understanding that GFDL images are not acceptable here as the same license must be imposed. Also there are many images which claim to be fair use but are only used as "eye candy" on a page, instead of identifying the image subject matter and making critical use of it. KTDiputsho 14:42, 20 April 2008 (EDT)
(it's not me BTW) But I love this guy! Shit, he's gone!!!)