There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Hello, and let me be the first to say "congratulations!" for discovering me on RationalWiki. I am an aspiring evolutionary biologist, fascinated by all life, past and present. Although I have been on here for over a year, I still can't shake the feeling from me that, without a page, it makes me somehow "n00bish". Regardless of that, and regardless of the fact that I don't like artificial introductions like this, let me say hello.
- A liberal (within the United States)
- A weak atheist
- A logical positivist
- A rationalist
- A chordate
- A secular humanist
- A free-thinker
- An environmentalist (not a hippie, though)
- A Neo-Darwinist
- A guy who prefers British English despite living in the United States
- A pro-choicer
- A social democrat
If you have any questions or comments, leave them on my talk page. Or talk to your friendly local magic seed shrimp.
Long-term projects on RationalWiki I'd like to get done someday. Hopefully this'll orient me.
- Gain editing rights on EvoWiki
- Begin cleaning up existing articles, dealing with orphans, &c
- Set up to-do list (as on here) so wiki hopefully won't fall into its previous state
- Increase site's collective attention of EvoWiki
- Open EvoWiki for public editing (???)
Feel free to vote, but be fair. This is more like a Twitter feed used once a week than a real blag.
|2||26 Jan 2013 - Back from a hiatus! I've mainly been out because Chrome's refusing to let me use the "edit" and "add section" tabs at the top of the bar, although everything else works normal. Think I've found a work-around.|
|3||6 Jan 2013 - Got myself a new signature with links to my DeviantArt.|
|4||1 Jan 2013 - Happy New Year! I'm campaigning for moderator, so look at my campaign page and vote for me, or just vote for me without looking!|
|5||25 Dec 2012 - Got a new laptop for Christmas! For a moment, I would accidentally hit the "s" key instead of the "a" key, but I quickly adapted. Also got a really nice book on prehistoric life.|
|3||17 Dec 2012 - Added to my watchlist for the first time, so I'll know if/when someone answers to my response here. Anyone reading this, please answer if you can.|
|4||15 Dec 2012 - Well, I've quasi-revamped my profile page. Figured out a nice way to allow people to vote on blag posts and my lists of shit to do.|
References & Footnotes
- Some say logical positivism proves too much and thus refutes itself. Without some sort of axiom, we can know absolutely naught about anything. (Even maths has its definitions and rules; between any two points there is exactly one straight line, for example.) I side with Occam's razor and go with the WYSIWYG approach; our senses (extended with tools) and logic (including models) provide a reasonable representation of the outside world. I highly recommend Richard Dawkins' new book The Magic of Reality.