|Divinely-translated articles about|
|Restoration by interpretation|
|Even by study and also by faith|
|Following the needle of the Liahona|
Warren Steed Jeffs (b. 1955)
is a prophet of God is was is the leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a polygamist, and a pedophile. He made it onto the FBI's Ten Most Wanted List in 2006 when he tried to escape prosecution for arranging illegal marriages. He also married all but two of his father Rulon's wives after his death, making him, literally, a motherfucker.
Jeffs claims that he is a prophet and is said to have at least eighty-five
victims wives. In August 2011 he was convicted of two counts of sexual assault on a child and was sentenced to life plus 20 years in prison. This prophet threatened the judge and jury with divine punishment but judge and jury were prepared to risk all that and convicted the criminal. Once in prison, he threatened many countries of the world with divine punishment and later had to be induced into a serious coma after a three day fast.
Jeff was also a racist who said "If you marry a person who has connections with a Negro, you would become cursed" as well as other racist statements like "The black race is the people through which the devil has always been able to bring evil unto the earth."
- Jailed sect leader retakes legal control of church
- Salt Lake Tribune: Warren Jeffs gets life in prison for sex with underage girls August 11, 2011
- The Houston Family Law Blog: Polygamist FLDS Leader Warren Jeffs Gets Sex Abuse Conviction August 5, 2011
- Kiss My-- Left Behind: Warren Jeffs - a polygamist's latest manifesto June 2, 2011
- ABC News: Warren Jeffs In Coma, May Not Survive August 29, 2011