Fun talk:Liberal delusions
> George W. Bush is a bumbling idiot who cannot string a sentence together.
Be fair - is this really a delusion? ;-)
- We're writing about what Conservatives think are delusions, or what liberals aren't deluded too but conservatives think we are. In the begining, God created... me. And He said I was awesome. 00:52, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
> The government is inherently evil and seeks to control every aspect of citizens lives.
I thought this was a Republican idea?--Bob_M (talk) 07:01, 2 July 2007 (CDT)
- I was thinking the same thing. Maybe this is an extreme view on both sides. olliegrind 07:05, 2 July 2007 (CDT)
- This, my friends, is anarchy.' Not all liberals are anarchists, only the best ones. Exasperate me!Sheesh!I said what? 07:30, 2 July 2007 (CDT)
"The majority of conservatives are rich white elitist males." Shouldn't this be rednecks and/or religious fundamentalists? olliegrind 07:15, 2 July 2007 (CDT)
- Again we come the the problem - is it truth or an delusion? Or is one an illusion and the other truth? Should it read, ""Liberals believe the majority of conservatives are rich, white, elitist males; whereas they are, in fact, rednecks and/or religious fundamentalists?." No, that still doesn't sound right. --Bob_M (talk) 07:34, 2 July 2007 (CDT)
This one is true with one addition
It is a mass, albeit tacit, conspiracy of the conservative base to control and manipulate the media.
The good thing about this one is you can substitute "the media" for essentially any public facing institution and it is still true. Exasperate me!Sheesh!I said what? 07:29, 2 July 2007 (CDT)
Someone should start an article of conservative delusions and include "They believe that simply by stating something it is true, regardless to whether they actually have any evidence or not."the_anti-drug(elk murder) 11:09, 13 July 2007 (CDT)
Reading this, it seemed mostly to be mocking conservatives. So I tried to rewrite it as if it was written by a consortium of George Will, Pat Buchanan and William F. Buckley, Jr. I hope I didn't step on anyone's pet's toes! human 12:27, 28 October 2007 (EDT)
this is true
what a great atical. — Unsigned, by: 188.8.131.52 / talk / contribs
Well, most of it is. 184.108.40.206 07:25, 14 July 2008 (EDT)
Conservative Delusions slipping in?
>Some children are better off being murdered in the womb than being raised by their parents.
>So-called "gay rights" are more important than Judeo-Christian morality.
As for number one, its very subjective (using "children" to describe the foetus, I think we can all agree that it isn't a child before its born; and "murdered" as opposed to aborted). I can't quite see how this counts as a delusion, when you are looking to abort you are most often looking at the parents/existing children as opposed to the potential child. I'd have this one removed.
Number two: same problem with subjectivity by using "so-called gay rights" as opposed to plain "gay rights". It also suggests that Liberals should be paying attention to what the bible says... which kind of goes against the whole spirit of RationalWiki, am I right? --Jack Winter 17:12, 23 March 2009 (EDT)
- That's the tone it's written in, though - as if it were written by arch-conservatives. So it uses their language. ħuman 18:48, 23 March 2009 (EDT)
- What about the Israel one? That one makes it sound like Liberals support Israel, and everyone knows that the Liberals want Israeli babies to die and Muslims to claim the Holy Land! WazzaHello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me... 02:01, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Being nice to criminals will help make them stop commiting crimes
This isn't a delusion, in fact, its one of the corner stones of rehabilitative penology, an idea that most conservatives refuse to acknowledge works. Countrys that actually treat their criminals well have lower recidivism and incarceration rates than the inhumane gulags in the US — Unsigned, by: 220.127.116.11 / talk / contribs Mar 1 2010
Fun or nuke
Seriously. Nobodydon't bother 22:57, 10 January 2013 (UTC)