Igor Panarin is a Russian analyst and professor. In 1998 he forecast that the United States would collapse economically and politically within the following decade. Panarin supports Russian nationalism and the pan-Eurasian ideology of Nikolai Trubetzkoy.
Prediction for 2010
Beginning in 1998, Panarin predicted the break-up of the United States into six parts in 2010. He specified the time of the disintegration to the end of June or the beginning of July in December 2008, following a civil war caused by mass immigration, economic decline and moral degradation. He forecast financial and demographic changes provoking a political crisis leading to social unrest, civil war, national division and intervention of foreign powers. It obviously didn't happen.[citation NOT needed]
The Breakup of the US
Panarin outlined the breakup of the US into six regions, each under the control or influence of other countries:
- Atlantic America: comprising the eastern seaboard and under the influence of the EU
- Central North American Republic:the great plains, from Ohio to Idaho. Part of Canada
- California Republic: California and the rest of the Southwest, under Chinese influence
- Texas Republic: comprising Texas and other southern states, goes to Mexico
- Alaska: taken back by Russia
- Hawaii: either goes to Japan or China
- ↑ Russian expert: U.S. headed for collapse, United Press International
- ↑ Pan-Eurasian nationalism, Panarin's own website. In Russian.
- ↑ The prediction. In Russian.
- ↑ As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S., Wall Street Journal