There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Christ died so we may|
write articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
John Sentamu is the Archbishop of York, making him the second most important person in the Church of England. He is a noted homophobe, being one of only four priests to explicitly refuse to sign the Cambridge Accord against homophobia (one of the other three being former Archbishop George Carey). While he objects to Ugandan anti-gay legislation this is because He told the BBC that the proposed law "tends to confuse all of homosexual relationships with what you call aggravated stuff and that's the problem". He was a regular columnist for The Sun and has written columns for the Daily Mail, discussing Christian Persecution Syndrome. On the plus side he opposes food poverty, Guantanamo Bay, and abuses in the banking system.
- Archbishop of York condemns Ugandan anti-gay bill BBC
- Example column - they are all behind a paywall but what were you going to get out of The Sun anyway?
- The intolerance towards Christians in the public sector is an affront - The Daily Mail
- Archbishop attacks UK food poverty - The Guardian
- 'The Americans are breaking international law... it is a society heading towards Animal Farm' - Archbishop Sentamu on Guantanamo - The Independent
- Archbishops attack City practices - BBC News