| Gay free zone|
|Fighting the gay agenda|
|That ye be not judged|
Liberty Counsel is a right-wing nonprofit organization whose stated purpose is preserving religious liberty and helping people discover
Jesus "the truth that will give true freedom." In reality, they're a disgusting and hypocritical organization that works to preserve the rights of fundamentalist Christians to force their beliefs onto others by any means necessary, especially the legal system. They currently spend much of their efforts attempting to defeat marriage equality. The Southern Poverty Law Center lists them as an extremist hate group. It remarkably shows when its founder, Matt Staver, opposes Justice for Victims of Lynching Act of 2018 (a bill that would make lynching a federal crime... for the first time in history) because the bill included protections for gender identity and sexual orientation, which, to Staver, is just a way to sneak in protections for gender identity and sexual orientation in things like employment. Not only is this vicious, it's also idiotic because there are already protections for those two provisions in the federal hate crime laws.
They have also opposed the rights of transexual individuals to adopt children, and have defended laws that criminalize gay sex.
Million Dollar gospel tracts
Liberty Counsel has suggested or insisted on several occasions that people should boycott organizations that are seen as "pro-gay" or not sufficiently "pro-Christmas". At the same time, they have complained that "gays" are using
boycotts "economic terrorism" in their struggle for equality.
- Liberty Counsel - About Us Liberty Counsel
- SPLC file on Liberty Counsel
- Liberty Counsel Has a History of Advising Clients to Defy the Law Southern Poverty Law Center
- Butts, C. (January 18, 2019). "Staver: LGBT 'rights' sneakily added to anti-lynching bill". OneNewsNow. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Liberty Counsel Floats Boycott Against "Pro-Homosexual" Starbucks Right Wing Watch
- Christians Urged to Boycott Retailers Banning 'Christmas' Christian Post
- Barber: Gays Want To Put Conservatives "Behind Bars" Tasham, Brian. 30 Aug. 2011.