A misnomer is an inappropriate name for something that is actually the opposite of what it is called. Misnomers can be intentional or unintentional, slight or blatant, and created either due to a misunderstanding, a malicious effort at deception, or a sarcastic sense of humor.
Pages in category "Misnomers"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- Abstinence-only sex education
- Academic Freedom Act
- Accuracy in Media
- Alliance Defending Freedom
- Alternative für Deutschland
- American Center for Law and Justice
- American Civil Rights Union
- American Decency Association
- American Family Association
- American Freedom Coalition
- American Scientific Affiliation
- American Thinker
- Americans for Prosperity
- Americans for Truth About Homosexuality
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons