There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| This might be|
|But we're not sure|
Natalie Grams is a physician and former homeopathy practitioner in Germany. After surviving a contact with skeptics in the form of an interview for a book, her own dive into the literature to refute the authors led to a complete reversal of her views regarding homeopathy. Not only did she stop believing and close her practice, she became an outspoken critic, published a book on the subject and now works for the German skeptics group Gesellschaft zur wissenschaftlichen Untersuchung von Parawissenschaften (GWUP) (English translation: Society for the Scientific Investigation of Parascience).
As part of the interdisciplinary group of experts "Münsteraner Kreis", she supported "Münsteraner Memorandum Heilpraktiker", a statement about the state-approved profession Heilpraktiker (i.e., naturopaths). This publication notes a gap of standard of quality in the medical sector when comparing the CAM-riddled Heilpraktiker and regular medical care. In its conclusion, it calls for either dissolving the profession or for a radical reform on the basis of competency.
In response to the massive popularity and normalisation of homeopathy, Natalie Grams, Norbert Aust and Amardeo Sarma and co-authored a stance against homeopathy: the "Freiburger Erklärung zur Homöopathie".
- Homeopathy is neither naturopathy nor medicine.
- No special status for homeopathy should be allowed.
- The practice of homeopathy requires and fosters self-deception of patient and therapist.
- Medicine and science is the way forward.
This marked the beginning of the information network for homeopathy "Informationsnetzwerk Homöopathie" (INH), with Natalie Grams as head of the board. In its mission to inform about the scientific perspective on homeopathy, the INH maintains a web presence with a focus on consumers and medical facilities alike:
- The INH website provides articles, news stories, answers to FAQs, downloadable resources and more
- Homöopedia — a wiki project about all things homeopathy
- Sussanchen braucht keine Globuli - a blog with a focus on informing parents
- Die Homöopathie-Lüge : so gefährlich ist die Lehre von den weißen Kügelchen / Christian Weymayr/Nicole Heißmann
- Homöopathie neu gedacht : was Patienten wirklich hilft / Natalie Grams
- Münsteraner Kreis: Münsteraner Memorandum Heilpraktiker. 2017-08-21.