Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This might be|
|But we're not sure|
“”Provocative, progressive and independent, Prometheus Books is committed to testing the boundaries of established thought and providing readers with thoughtful and authoritative books in a wide variety of categories.
Prometheus Books is an American book publisher which has mostly published books on topics related to freethought, skepticism, atheism, and juicy exposés of the netherworld of televangelism, as well as libertarian books. The founder Paul Kurtz also founded the Council for Secular Humanism and co-founded the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry.
They have more recently branched out into a science fiction imprint (Pyr), scholarly texts under the Humanities Press International which they acquired, and a series of seminal writings on philosophy, science, and economics (everything from Marx to Nietzsche to Darwin).
Some examples of the books they have published include:
- The New Atheism, Taking a stand on science and reason, Victor Stenger
- Unintelligent Design, Mark Perakh
- The Sky is Not the Limit, Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- Science and Religion, Paul Kurtz
- Science Under Siege, Kendrick Frazier, Editor
- Hot Issues, Cool Choices, a teen's guide to bullying
- Urantia: The Great Cult Mystery, Martin Gardner
- Salvation for Sale, Gerard Thomas Straub - former insider's exposé of Pat Robertson
- Don't Call Me Brother, Austin Miles - former insider's exposé of Jim Bakker
- The Faith Healers, James Randi
- Mostly on the Edge - Karl Hess' autobiography
- The Human Cougar, Lloyd Morain - not about what you think