"Complex numbers is the debbul!"
- - Mama Boucher on complex numbers
An attempt at an "intuitive" intro to complex numbers for those who are overwhelmed by the Wikipedia articles or confused by the Conservapedia... stuff. Feel free to improve and extend (just keep the purpose and audience in mind; this should not be an in-depth mathematical treatment).
Some pictures would be very helpful. I don't know if I'll get around to that. If anyone wants to have a go...
(Sorry I was logged out while posting the article.) --Hobey 09:31, 16 November 2007 (EST)
- Yes, pictures would be nice. I can show you a picture of 3 bananas, could you kindly supply a picture of bananas? No, of course you can't. Why don't you take your liberal number theories to Wikipedia where they accept articles based on hearsay and speculaton? TheAssfly 09:57, 16 November 2007 (EST)
- That's easy. is imaginary, right? Can you imagine bananas? If you can, I'll take a picture of your brain while you're imagining bananas, and we're done. (Why didz them change my beatiful user name?) --AschlaflyImposter1 10:06, 16 November 2007 (EST)
- Please take a math class, we offer several high quality math classes at Conservapedia (a real encyclopedia) that still have a few spaces left. I said the square root of negative three. I would have to be imagining the absence of three bananas in order for your experiment to work. TheAssfly 10:11, 16 November 2007 (EST)
Nice article! Just the right level of complexity, and well written. Could use diagrams for addition and multiplication on the plane? human 18:34, 18 November 2007 (EST)
- Don't forget the quaternions, the octonions, the sedenions, the bicomplex numbers, the Cayley–Dickson construction, biquarternions, split-complex numbers, split-biquaternions, split-octonions, coquaternions — I'm sure there are others I've forgotten. (((Zack Martin)))™ 12:36, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- I've read there are some people misinterpret the term "imaginary number" any deny the existence of complex numbers. Maybe adding a section on that would help. The Heidelberg Kid (talk) 18:56, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
Would somebody mind providing me a proof that i exists? I don't deny the existence of complex numbers, but I think it would help if it were added into the article. The Heidelberg Kid (talk) 17:21, 9 February 2012 (UTC)