My edits were reverted, but basically the forum cleaned itself in June 2017. Black supremacists were banned and the forum is now properly moderated:
This is a complete list of rules for Egyptsearch, across the different sub-forums, effective as of 06/02/2017
Rule #1: There will be absolutely no personal attacks on members of any kind. Keep conversation clean, respect each other, and disagree tactfully.
Rule #2: There will be no attacks on users sexual preferences, racial/ethnic make up, or political and religious beliefs. Posts breaking this rule will be edited/deleted and a warning will be given per the moderator's discretion. Repeated infractions will result in a 3-day suspension, after a suspension, any further infractions will result in banishment from Egyptsearch.
Rule #3: Members will be limited to one active account. Members found to be making use of several accounts risk having all accouts suspended.
Rule #4: When posting data, please do try and cite your sources or provide a citation when asked. This allows users to peruse the data you post further should they desire.
Rule #5: No commercial/promotional spam. One is free to post a personal website or works they published if it is relevant to the discussion or provides some further insight. Repeated posts for self-promotion will be removed and a warning will be given.
Rule #6: Please be respectful when posting images. Try to posts pictures in a reasonable size(resize before posting if need be) to help maintain the readibility of the forum for other posters. Also try to refrain from quoting posts and including the images, especially posts with multiple images in them. Edit the hyperlinks out so that posters do not have to see the same stream of pictures being repeated.
Rule #7: Lewd/obscene pictures that serve only to incite/insult members will be immediately removed and a warning given. Repeats will be met with a suspension and if necessary a ban.
Rule #8: Be careful when reviving an old thread, Egyptsearch has a wealth of information on it so if necroing a thread do so with a reason and within some limits. Topics that haven't had new responses in several years should be bumped sparingly if you feel the discussion warrants new insights.
Moderators are fully empowered to edit, remove posts, or close threads as they see fit in their respective sub-forums. They are also able to impose warnings and recommend suspensions if they feel it is necessary. If you disagree with a mod's decision, contact that mod respectfully and voice your disagreement. Disrespect of moderators will not be tolerated and will be met with a suspension.
Moderators are here to help maintain order, the quality of posts, and the comfort of members on the forum. Personally disliking a mod will not result in a mod being removed.
Complaints about a mod's behavior in their capacity as a mod should first be discussed with that moderator, and if you feel it wasn't reasonably addressed, can be directed to me for further review.
There are certain things that will result in an immediate suspension and potential ban, this list is subject to amendments and such amendments will be noted as they occur:
-Disrespecting Mods or other staff.
-Posting a forum members personal information such as names, addresses, family/loved ones, etc.
-picspamming a thread in a deliberate attempt to effect the readibility of the thread
- Threats/inflammatory remarks towards a member, threats to actually physically harm members off of Egyptsearch will result in an IMMEDIATE ban.
- Then the page should be updated. However it's history should be preserved, not swept under the rug. Comrade GC (talk) 17:45, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
- I've already done this, check above and his talk page. He's a troll who should be desysopped and banned. Also, I noticed more complaints on his talk about other users complaining about him wrongly reverting them.Dr. Witt (talk) 19:06, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
- Never heard about this before. I unblocked GrammarCommie, although sysops can unblock themselves anyway. If you have an issue with GrammarCommie, raise a coop.—HamburgerPlate (talk • stalk) 19:12, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
- I've already done this. I merely updated the article pointing out it cleaned itself and banned the black supremacists - I'm the person responsible for this since I contacted the admin by email, as well as left complaints to the forum web-host. And the log of this talk has also been a battle-ground, mostly former editors from Egyptsearch, including black supremacists. Users were doxed by their real names. I blanked all these edits, only for GrammarCommie to yet again revert. If someone actually had a brain-cell they would realise I was cleaning, removing doxes and improving the article by updating it.Dr. Witt (talk) 20:04, 8 January 2018 (UTC)