Talk:Number of the Beast
The Beast—666, the False Prophet and the Mark! : Part 4 Here's more 666 related woo. DoesThe Restored Church of God merit an article? Proxima Centauri 18:41, 27 October 2009 (UTC)
- Amazing. Herbert W. Armstrong rides again. Looks like yet another offshoot - but with a bit more backing.--BobNot Jim 18:48, 27 October 2009 (UTC)
"The powers-that-be had hoped that the numbering system would become attached to the negative stigma of 666/616 and be forgotten."
This doesn't appear to be true. According to the Wikipedia article cited, & the blog source that it cites, the "Earth-616" name was created satirically by somebody at Marvel who didn't much like the Marvel genre. Or others have said it was just a randomly thought-up number & nothing to do with the Number of the Beast.
Anyway, this seems a long way off subject, & not interesting enough to justify inclusion. Any list of references to 666 or the Number of the Beast in popular culture would have to run into thousands, & this reference is expressed rather obscurely to say the least. ωεαşεζøίɗMethinks it is a Weasel 19:39, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
666 in triangle
Here is a site that demonstrates how a triangle mathematically contains the "number of the beast". This is woo related to the Illuminati and New World Order conspiracy theory, since they use pyramids and triangles along with the new age movement they accuse of being part of it, so this might be amusing to add here. Just asking before I add it. Bork (talk) 04:30, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
- I wouldn't bother. I have some lame book that claims carbon (6p 6n 6e) is the beast itself. ħuman 04:44, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
- It might make sense to post a link to the site at wigo blogosphere or its talk page though. Looks pretty loony. ħuman 04:48, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
The freemasons and other groups supposedly connected to the illuminati use triangles. So people like the one on that site claim that them using triangles in the number and mark of the beast. I bet there is something really faulty with that their theory if I really dug in to it. (Why didn't Jesus just mention a triangle anyway?) — Unsigned, by: 184.108.40.206 / talk / contribs 05:39, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, they do, so do geometry students. That web site seems to just be all about Xtinaity/Jewness, not any NWO/Ill. stuff. Just because they're all insane doesn't mean they're all the same. ħuman 06:01, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
Would this constitute as the mark?
PROOF crank bullshit
Life without a Microchip Implant (666) will be difficult
WARNING - ALL Humans To Be Microchipped (mark of the beast)
No Verichip For Me Thanks!
Warning 666!! - Don't Take The Mark Of The Beast
RFID chips will most probably be the mark of the beast of Revelation 13:15 -18, if anyone gets this mark they will condemed to hell. DON'T GET CHIPPED!!! — Unsigned, by: 220.127.116.11 / talk / contribs
- I've watched these videos. They show several clips boiling down to "prototype uses of implantable RFID chips have some neat applications", and make several claims boiling down to "Therefore Christians will be persecuted, and your civil liberties will be violated". There is absolutely no connecting evidence demonstrating the link between these two assertions, so I don't think your use of the word "proof" is accurate. Can you do better? Memesis (talk) 03:04, 29 July 2017 (UTC)
So, that patent page...
Hi, I decided to take a look at that page saying there's a patent for a barcode "mark of the beast" (this one, to be exact.), and I think there's something fishy with it. Is truly a real patent? The patent itself isn't linked anywhere! — Unsigned, by: Anonymous / talk / contribs