Talk:The Daily Show
I'm moving this to the Daily Show I think, since that's what the article is really about... ħuman 01:37, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
John Oliver hosted The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
Using the techniques I picked up from John Hogue, I have made a deduction:
- You can add the "h" in "Jon" because of the silent "h" in Latin. This leaves us with "John".
- We remove the last "t" from "Stewart" as you can always add or remove a letter.
- The "l" and "t" are similar, so we can substitute one for another. We not have "Slewar"
- "e" and "a" are both consonants, as are the "i" and "e", so those can be swapped: "Sliwer"
- We can chop a dash of the "w" to get a "v": "Sliver"
- This is almost like "Oliver" so that's close enough.
- ...and don't forget that "you can always outright change one letter" - thus turning the "S" in "Silver" into an "O" in "Oliver". Thus; the connection has now been scientifically proven. By the, uh, stars. All in all, some mighty fine sciencing you've done here, Carpet! Let's get you a book deal? :D Reverend Black Percy (talk) 19:10, 7 December 2015 (UTC)
Trevor Noah backlash
Are we going to add anything on this? There was a lot of backlash against minorities "replacing" white roles with stuff like Fantastic 4's Johnny Blaze, Trevor Noah succeeding John Stewart and the Miles Morales thing.Keter (talk) 19:29, 12 December 2015 (UTC)
Daily Show criticized Antifa unjustly
Recently the Daily Show did a 'hit piece' on Antifa which was innacurate, most likely because they were concerned with ratings and wanted to appease the pro-Trump demographic.
Problem is the show equating Antifa with ISIS is inaccurate, since Antifa is primarily a self-defense organization with a mission of defending against fascism, while in reality Neo-Nazis have much more in common with ISIS since their motive is invasion and oppression of others, much like ISIS. (Personally, I even believe that ISIS is largely spawned from white invasion in the Middle East, but that's another story).--220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:10, 6 October 2017 (UTC)