This page is automatically archived by Archiver
Archives for this talk page: <1>
| ||As a confirmed mustard jar for taking on this job as a Sysop on RationalWiki: I pledge to only block users if they ask for it, or insert unfunny vandalism.|
I furthermore pledge that if I indulge in secret private conversations about you, we will make a formal report to the mob. Is that all?
If you impugn my motives without warrant, or challenge my "AUTHORITY", er, there is nothing I can or will do.
I hang out in weirder places than RW:FB
... like where we made this meta-meme.
Is it just me...
Or is it getting kind of slippery with tears up in here? It's like every time I move I almost fall into a sea of sparkling distilled cishet facejuice.---Dgener8 (talk) 21:28, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
- Real mature. |₹Λ¥$€₦₦ Burning this game would be an insult to fire. 22:09, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
- I'm a degenerate.---Dgener8 (talk) 22:13, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
Just took a look at this and I may have gotten to the bottom of it. The particular image we're using for the SJ Project is the logo of the Irish Socialist Workers' Party, who are pretty horrible. The even more horrible British SWP has used it a lot (, , ) though as you said it isn't their logo right now. Turns out its the logo of the international group they belong both to . I'd be fine with it if they didn't design it. But all it says on the file of the red fist image is 'Logo of the International Socialist Tendency. Stylized clenched fist used as a symbol by various groups, mostly International Socialist Tendency and related groups.'
I'd prefer to change it but I don't regard it as a massive deal either way. Eirik the Pinko (talk) 19:13, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Ah shit, apologies for leaving a Daily Mail link on your page. Delete as you see fit! Eirik the Pinko (talk) 19:15, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Have you read the full file description? It's from before the late 70s. The fact they use it is because it's free. ·Femilisk³ 19:24, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- About the time the Shah was losing his grip on power, I used to see Iranian students sketching fists like this in their notebooks during lectures. The composition often included a stylized Kalashnikov. That was the same decade that saw the coining of "consciousness raising" in the context of acknowledging the existence of oppression. Sprocket J Cogswell (talk) 19:29, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- The Wobblies were using a similar logo back in the twenties. The history of the image's use would be a fun paper to research. Father Vivian O'Blivion talk 19:38, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Check :http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist ·Femilisk³ 19:33, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Hopefully, that will convince you. I don't want to go over this over two media of communication. -_- ·Femilisk³ 19:35, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Please read the WP link. ·Femilisk³ 19:40, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- I did mean that I'm pretty sure that design is their doing, not the general use of the clenched fist as a symbol of solidarity and resistance. Eirik the Pinko (talk) 19:41, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Given the image history on Wikipedia, no. Also notice the line going down the bottom of palm onto wrist. Clearly a different image. ·Femilisk³ 19:52, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Alright, a variant on it! I would change it to a different clenched fist image but I'm not figuring out how to do so just for that! Eirik the Pinko (talk) 20:12, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Hhmm... *shrug* post a better image here and I can replace it, maybe. ·Femilisk³ 20:26, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- What about this guy?  Eirik the Pinko (talk) 20:34, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- That is a whole category, which contains the one I'm using. I'm not happy using one with the female symbol TBH. But if Laurelai is happy to pick another one I'm cool. :) I'm not changing it without her permission. She's above me in this, because I say so. :P ·Femilisk³ 21:20, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Fair enough. Eirik the Pinko (talk) 21:28, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
I do not understand
the meaning of this graph I suck at reading graphs because I'm an idiot. Can you explain it so I can later use it as a snappy comeback sometime later? |₹Λ¥$€₦₦ The neural network broke the phase space!? REVERSE THE TANGENT GRAPH!!! 20:35, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
- It needs the article it comes with... so this should help! ·Femilisk³ 20:38, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
- 'Twas a nice article. (Although I disagree with the stuff about twitter as a platform for actual activism, as 140 char does not allow for good discourse, and also Nicki Minaj sucks).
- Also, nice for her to quit Jezebel. It started to suck ever since Holmes left and became blatant clickbait. |₹Λ¥$€₦₦ Ate at a Chinese restaurant therefore is literally Hitler 20:56, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, I don't (and haven't ever) read it, so I only know it's current reputation as click bait. I also might have read this (with all it's references and awesomeness in that respect) so I'm now depressed. -.- ·Femilisk³ 20:58, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
- There was a time when Jezebel was a nice blog that also served as a hub to find more quality blogs. Then Anna Holmes left. Gawker decided to put them on a shorter leash, and became clickbait as result. Kinja happened. Every day was a new fuck-up for Jez. And so, it became what some gal on reddit called "the Fox News of quasi-feminism". |₹Λ¥$€₦₦ The neural network broke the phase space!? REVERSE THE TANGENT GRAPH!!! 21:22, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
A few thangs
- I think I remember reading somewhere that you're that Laurelai, the one from LulzSec. Is that correct? And if you are, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
- I'm confused, are you an anarcho-syndicalist or an anarcho-capitalist?
- I noticed you took some interest a while back in RationalWiki: Mathematics project, and I think you would make a great addition to the team. On an unrelated note, I joined RationalWiki:Project Social Justice.
That's all. Thank you. Rand0 (talk) 10:26, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
No im Laurelai --Laurelai (talk) 15:17, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
You've been nominated!
Over here. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:14, 2 November 42015 AQD (UTC)