|One of the|
|And a dirty dozen more|
Steven Crowder is a Detroit-born, Quebec-raised conservative comedian, but unlike the other Steve C., it isn't an act. In addition to appearing regularly on Fox News, Crowder contributes blog posts to Andrew Breitbart's site, Big Hollywood, and posts comedy pyrite on his YouTube account.
Ironically, as a child, Crowder voiced the character The Brain on the PBS animated series Arthur.
His comedy is largely based on shaking his head around violently while over acting, repeating the fact that secular humanism and liberals are evil, putting way too much emphasis on how he can't be racist and sexist because he has a black Republican friend and a female Republican friend, and warning how gay people are destroying America in an unspecified way. He also enjoys cross-dressing in several of his comedy skits (such as parodying Rachel Maddow or Lena Dunham)—which leads to some humorous speculations.
His so-called comedy is also detached from fact. In the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference, he stated, "...Ashley Judd just tweeted that buying Apple products, again, is akin to rape. From her iPhone." That is a misrepresentation of a 2010 essay (not Twitter posts) by Judd in which she expressed grief at learning that electronic products are manufactured in countries in conflict. In such countries, women are often sexually assaulted by militia members.
Generation Progress described his 2009 video "The Real Guantanamo Bay" as "glaringly trite" and "homophobic".
 Other antics
“”In December 2012, Fox News aired a video that would briefly obsess the conservative blogosphere. At a Right to Work rally in Michigan, one of Fox’s young contributors was punched in the face by a union member. It was evidence, a parade of Fox pundits stressed, of “union thuggery.” On Fox and Friends, anchor Steve Doocy wondered what his colleague had done “that so provoked the left.” But an extended version of the video, aired ironically on Fox News’ Hannity, revealed that the original clip had been edited, removing footage of the puncher being pushed to the ground prior to throwing a punch in return.
 Alt-right smear campaign
On 30 September 2016, Andrew Anglin of The Daily Stormer started a meme where he falsely labelled Crowder the leader of the alt-right and falsely claimed Crowder advocates for the extermination of the Jewish people. Anglin used fake tweets as evidence, in the hopes of ruining Crowder's reputation similarly to what was done to Ben Garrison. Subsequently, he was trolled by David Duke and on /pol/, and The Right Stuff released a fake podcast titled "White Power with Crowder". On Twitter, the hashtag #CrowderFacts was used to defame him. Richard Spencer, explaining the meme, said "most of the stuff [Crowder] says is just off-the-shelf conservatism that isn’t remotely dangerous or new."
In reality, Crowder is passionately pro-Israel and opposes antisemitism. He even believes Barack Obama is antisemitic. Crowder mocked the alt-right when Donald Trump appeared to be on good terms with Benjamin Netanyahu.
- ↑ Probably misses the healthcare.
- ↑ Big Hollywood: Steven Crowder
- ↑ YouTube: Steven Crowder
- ↑ Tim Murphy, "CPAC: Where Ashley Judd Rape Jokes Happen." Mother Jones: March 18, 2013.
- ↑ Delaney Rohan, "Comedian Steven Crowder." Generation Progress: Dec. 17, 2009.
- ↑ Caitlin Dickson, "The Unmaking of a Conservative Pundit." Daily Beast: November 13, 2013.
- ↑ http://www.dailystormer.com/steven-crowder-seizes-leadership-of-the-alt-right-calls-for-total-extermination-of-ratfaced-kike-vermin/
- ↑ http://www.dailystormer.com/has-alt-right-leader-steven-crowder-gone-too-far/
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 http://takimag.com/article/love_your_fellow_hater_gavin_mcinnes/print#axzz4i44j6Fph
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/91196389/
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 https://radio.therightstuff.biz/2016/10/03/white-power-with-crowder-episode-14-88-rahowa-begins-november-9th/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/783156384422506497
- ↑ https://yuki.la/pol/92203873
- ↑ https://twitter.com/hashtag/CrowderFacts?src=hash
- ↑ https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/834402298101104640
- ↑ https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/129920081156251648
- ↑ https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/570572945548038144
- ↑ https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/765882646727655425
- ↑ https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/814600838954057729
- ↑ https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/831918745622716416