| Putting the psycho in|
|Men who stare at goats|
|By the powers of tinfoil|
- Acorah was a staple of the television comedy show Most Haunted from 2002–2014. The show featured Acorah, co-star Yvette Fielding, and several other geniuses stumbling around in old buildings with infrared video cameras looking for ghosts, during which Acorah would inevitably pretend to communicate with spirits. One memorable episode featured Acorah supposedly passing on a message from a deceased young woman: "Mary loves Dick". In a later episode, Acorah was busted pretending to be possessed by the spirit of a fictional character made up by a fellow cast member.
- In 2010 Acorah's Michael Jackson: The Live Seance was voted the worst television program of the year.
- In 2012 Acorah claimed to have gotten news from his 'spirit guide' that missing child Madeleine McCann had died some time ago, but would soon be reincarnated. McCann's parents were reportedly "sickened" by Acorah's claim.
Didn't see that coming
Acorah's driving license was revoked for 28 months after the car he was driving struck another motorist's, causing the driver to have whiplash.
- Derek Acorah Mary Loves Dick YouTube
- Spooky Truth: TV's Most Haunted Con Exposed The Daily Mirror. 28 October 2005
- Michael Jackson: The Live Seance voted worst television programme The Daily Telegraph, January 2010
- TV psychic Derek Acorah apologises for 'Maddie is dead' claim The Daily Telegraph, May 2012
- Derek Acorah banned from driving after Southport crash BBC News, March 2014