There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| You betrayed the|
The Magna Carta document limited the power of the English throne. It was enacted by King John of England in 1215. While the Magna Carta codified the rights of only a specific group of people (the nobility of England), its creation is believed to be a pivotal moment in the history of English Common law and in the development of Western democracy and human rights.
In the modern world
In January 2012, Republicans in the New Hampshire state legislature proposed a bill mandating that certain legislation reference the Magna Carta. The bill was roundly mockedand ultimately failed.
- http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2011033/pg1 Even Godlike Productions is unimpressed
- "New Hampshire GOP Bill Mandates that Laws find their Origin in 1215 English Magna Carta", Think Progress
- "America Could Use Some More Magna Carta, Say New Hampshire Lawmakers", New york Magazine
- "New Hampshire GOP Debates: Moderate Extremes", Colbert Nation
- Magna Carta bill fails to clear committee, Concord Monitor